Curriculum Team Leader
Main Pay Scale & TLR 1 PAYMENT (£9380)
Starting January 2018
The Academy wishes to appoint an enthusiastic Curriculum Team Leader of English to start in January 2018.
The West Grantham Academy St Hugh’s is designated a Church of England secondary academy serving approximately 366 students, year 7 to year 11, living in the surrounding catchment area.
You will lead the team at The West Grantham Academy St Hugh’s in supporting all its students to make outstanding progress. This is a critical role as the academy goes through a period of significant change. Our vision includes the development of the use of technology in learning. We are a 1:1 iPad learning environment and all staff are provided with and iPad Pro, Apple pencil and Apple TV for teaching.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work with our Trust to improve the quality of education provided at the academy and ensure its future success. As Curriculum Team Leader English, you will be working with a strong Executive Headteacher and leadership team.
Purpose of the job:
The CTL, in collaboration with SLT will determine the strategic direction and development of English across the academy. They will be expected to keep abreast of developments in the curriculum.
Key responsibilities will include:
● To lead the work of learning and teaching for Years 7-11.
● To be responsible for the line management and performance of teachers in the department.
● To support the QA process by completing the necessary activities as directed by the Head of Teaching & Learning.
● To ensure that the department works towards common standards, aims and objectives which are compatible with the academy’s aims.
● To have an up-to-date knowledge of developments and innovations in the subject.
● To ensure good and varied learning and teaching practices are in place and to monitor standards within the department to ensure all students have access to the curriculum.
● To maintain up-to-date documentation, with particular reference to Schemes of Work, SEF and Departmental Development Plan.
For further information about the role and to complete an online application form please click on the link http://www.wgacademiestrust.org.uk/page/?title=CURRENT+VACANCIES&pid=144 or visit www.wgacademiestrust.org.uk
We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you and show you around the academy and we invite you to contact Karen Hann, Personnel Administrator, on 01476 579808 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we cannot accept a CV as an application.
Closing date: Monday 20 November 2017
Interview date: Friday 24 November 2017
The West Grantham Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Therefore, we expect all workers and employees to share this commitment
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory Enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)