We are looking to appoint a well-qualified, experienced and inspiring teacher, with a proven track record of achieving high academic standards to lead our Social Sciences & Vocational Education Department which delivers at Key Stage 4 and Post 16. The successful candidate must be an outstanding classroom teacher who can also give strategic and ongoing leadership to this curriculum area.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a dynamic and energetic practitioner with high expectations.
- Preferably be a Psychology specialist but willing to teach across all other areas.
- Be able to analyse and use data to raise departmental performance.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate effective communication with a range of stakeholders.
- Be able to set high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge both staff and students.
- A well-resourced, forward thinking and supportive team.
- Excellent care and support for all staff.
- Comprehensive induction and on-going opportunities for Professional Development.
- A positive and stimulating climate which values the contribution of all staff.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of our Personnel Recruitment specification and be subject to an enhanced DBS check. A prohibition from teaching check will also be completed for all applicants. Minsthorpe Community College is committed to equality of opportunity and upholding the principles of the Equality Act 2010. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Only applications submitted with a completed Minsthorpe Academy Trust Application Form will be considered.
Full-time permanent employees are provided with free access to our state of the art on-site Sports & Fitness Centre.
Further particulars for this post can be obtained by visiting our Web Site at www.minsthorpe.cc
Closing date: 9.00am – Monday 26th March 2018