Luton Sixth Form College is exceptionally aspirational for the young people it currently serves and we are deeply committed to extending our work in order to have an even greater impact on educational outcomes for our young people. Established in 1966 as the first sixth form college in the country, we have an impressive track record for quality and educational excellence.
Customer Service Assistant Information Centre 10 hours (Part Time, Term Time only 37 weeks per year)
Working 10 hours per week, Thursday between 10am and 2pm and Friday between 8am and 2pm, for 37 weeks per year, term time only, a degree of flexibility is required.
Working within the Student Services team, you will provide a high quality student reception and information service including:
- To carry out a wide range of administrative tasks as requested by the line manager or other members of staff in respect of student services work.
- To liaise with parents and outside agencies as appropriate.
We are looking for a candidate who ideally:
- Has a good standard of general education, 5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English or equivalent.
- Has effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has excellent administrative, recordkeeping, organisational and IT skills (e.g. Microsoft Office software suite – Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and any other relevant software/database)
Sixth Form Colleges’ Support Staff Pay Spine point17, £3,746 rising to point 19, £3,901 with annual increments based on service and performance related criteria, (This is the pro rated equivalent of the full-time scale, £17,000 - £17,700
Closing date for all completed application forms: 09th December 2019
Interviews planned for: w/c 16th December 2019
Luton Sixth Form College is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).