The Bishop of Winchester Academy is an oversubscribed and thriving Church of England School, recognised by Ofsted as ‘Improving the life chances of all our pupils’ (May 2017). There are exciting opportunities to join our motivated and ambitious team driven by the mantra of high expectations – no excuses.
This will be an exciting opportunity to join an academy which has recently undergone a significant building programme.
The Academy is ambitious to be recognised as inspirational. Ofsted have recognised the many strengths of our Academy including:
“The outstanding curriculum has a significant impact on increasing students’ attendance and enjoyment of learning and on the improvements in their achievement.”
“Students behaviour is outstanding. This is a huge success for the Academy.”
“The Principal provides the school with outstanding leadership. He is supported extremely well by senior leaders.”
Data Analyst - Term Time plus 2 weeks.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and dedicated Data Analyst with experience of working in an education environment. You will be responsible for coordinating the collection, provision and analysis of accurate data for the Academy, enabling teaching staff and ALT to allocate appropriate resources, and to improve the outcomes of our pupils.
You must have a proven record of adapting to and supporting change, the ability to communicate effectively, be highly motivated, pro-active, organised and able to prioritise tasks.
Duties - Data Analysis and Submissions
- To develop and produce analytical and statistical information for the academy, internal and external stakeholders, PPI and other interested parties, and prepare official data returns within prescribed timescales.
- Ensuring that assessment data is collected efficiently through SIMS as required by the school’s data calendar
- Checking data for accuracy and completeness and working with the progress team to chase missing data to meet deadlines
- Using systems effectively to produce reports for management
- Using other data tools to produce data for the classroom teacher
- Providing data for a variety of audiences as required
- Maintaining prior attainment data, ensuring this is complete and accurate
- Supporting with the production and distribution of reports to parents
- Working with the Sixth Form to ensure accuracy of student curriculum information relating to the school census
- Being present during exam results days to provide prompt analysis of the data
- Liaising with Leaders across the Academy on the production and provision of data
- Working with other users of SIMS to ensure templates and reports are appropriate
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Rigorous checks will be undertaken of the successful applicant’s background credentials, including enhanced DBS checks.
For an application pack please visit the Academy’s website. Please email completed application form, addressing your covering letter to Mr Paul McKeown, Principal.
Closing date for applications: 1st October 2017
Interviews: As close to the closing date as possible