ABOUT THE ROLE
The St Marylebone CE School is seeking to appoint a Data and Communications Systems Administrator.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Data and SIMS Administrator to support the effective running of the School’s data and communication systems.
Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Website (day-to-day maintaining, uploading, developing).
- Multimedia (managing digital displays, staff and student ID card printing etc).
- Electronic communication (mass emailing, electronic letters, operation and management of Twitter, Survey Monkey etc).
- Some SIMS involvement (in collaboration with the Data and SIMS Administrator).
Our ideal candidate will also have the ability to take responsibility for:
- Software development i.e. developing and integrating user friendly systems using a variety of different development tools including Microsoft Access, SQL Server, ASP.net and web based technologies. These systems manage areas such as the School’s student admissions portal.
For a full job description, please see the attached document.
The role is an integral part of the Schools dedicated team of support staff. We are a friendly, welcoming, hard-working and forward thinking team in an exceptional school successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
Training and guidance will be provided. Your skills will be valued and the School will be committed to your professional development.
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
- Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith.
- Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
- Prime central London location on Marylebone High Street with excellent transport links. Nearest tube stations: Baker Street, Regents’ Park (both a 2 minute walk away). Nearest train stations: Paddington, Marylebone, Euston.
PERSON SPECIFICATION – WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Excellent IT skills including advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel, Word etc.
- The ability to edit video, sound and image files.
- Experience updating and maintaining websites (with WordPress or similar).
- Passionate about creating and using innovative systems to increase efficiency.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills, with the ability to handle queries from staff, parents and students in a friendly and co-operative manner on a daily basis.
- Flexible, friendly and able to work as part of a team.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to work to
high levels of accuracy.
- The ability to prioritise workflow.
- The ability to use own initiative to solve problems.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information received and processed as part of the role.
- Web programming experience (ASP.net C#).
- Working with data in a school or similar context.
- Experience of working with Google Apps (Google Docs / Sheets / Drive).
- Experience of using Mail Chimp.
- Experience of working with SIMS.net
- Salary: National Joint Council Scale Point 24 - 32 (£25,437 - £31,952) depending on skills and experience.
- Daily hours: 36 hours per week, 9.00am - 5.00pm.
- Annual Leave Entitlement: 24 - 28 days plus bank holidays.
- Contract: permanent
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website: www.stmaryleboneschool.com/vacancies
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions please do get in touch: email@example.com
Closing date: by 9am on Friday 7th July 2017.
Start date: as soon as available.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).