Full Time, Term Time Only
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is the only all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. Due to our ongoing expansion, we are looking to appoint an outstanding candidate to join our team, working predominantly in our secondary phase.
Support the Senior Leadership Team in ensuring the effective management and recording of data and its use by members of staff. Manage the school database system (SIMS) and other data systems and software to ensure effective assessment, reporting, attendance and examinations processes. Provide data analysis and summaries and analyse student data across the key stages.
• Manage the School Information Management System (SIMS).
• Manage other data systems and software including FFT Aspire, 4Matrix, ClassCharts and Satchel:one.
• Liaise with the ICT service providers over operational issues connected to the SIMS and other data software and to remain abreast of developments in the software.
• Be the point of contact for all matters relating to all data systems.
• Analyse data across the Federation and design and create reports as required by senior staff.
Managing SIMS and other data systems and software
• Work with colleagues responsible for admissions and attendance to maintain the student database, and ensure the maintenance of accurate personal records.
• Co-ordinate with the Admissions officer and the Local Authority to ensure the transition of student records from Key Stage 2 to 3, and Key Stage 4 to 5, and ensuring new that all aspects of data relating to new intakes and casual admissions are obtained and correct.
• Assist the Vice Principal with the input and maintenance of the school timetable.
• Ensure the promotion of the school year in SIMS.
• Assign students to, and maintain, class lists.
• Assist with the administration of the GCSE and A-Level options processes.
• Ensure that all operating systems and data systems linked to SIMS are regularly updated.
• Support in the importation into SIMS of examination results for all students.
• Update and maintain other data systems and software.
• To provide training to other members of staff, as requested by Senior Leaders, on the effective use of SIMS and other data systems and software.
Assessment recording and reporting
• Support staff in the recording of all assessment data and assist the Senior Leadership Team in ensuring deadlines are met.
• Work with the Senior Leadership Team to plan and oversee whole school reporting.
• Produce reports to agreed timescales and deadlines.
• Produce regular data analysis and summaries of student achievement and/or progress data for Governors, Senior Leaders and other teaching staff.
• Produce other reports as requested from time to time by the Principal and Senior Leaders.
• Develop the format and style of mark sheets and reports to support the work of the Senior Leadership team and other teachers.
• To provide training to members of staff, when requested by Senior Leaders, on the effective creation and use of mark sheets, and the use of Microsoft Excel.
• Be proactive in keeping abreast of relevant current issues in the field and take the initiative to recommend changes where appropriate.
• To unequivocally support and promote the values and ethos of the Koinonia Federation.
• Be aware of the responsibilities under GDPR and other relevant legislation for the security, accuracy and significance of the personal data held in the school’s systems.
• Have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and follow all associated child protection and safeguarding policies as adopted by the Federation.
• Work in accordance with the School’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Carry out any other responsibilities compatible with the role.
This job description is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of the Federation in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
St Mary Magdalene leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church.
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• a positive school culture
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Applications will be considered on receipt.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend interview. For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com.