35 hours per week - term time (plus 2 weeks)
Starting July 2019
The Data Manager is an extremely valuable position in a school, playing a pivotal role in the success of our students. We require a Data Manager who will oversee whole school tracking and analysis of assessment data and support the Senior Leadership Team in monitoring and evaluating progress of students.
We require a current school Data Manager, or experience of working in a similar role. Experience of using Capita SIMS would be advantageous. As Data Manager you must have a high standard of literacy skills, an excellent understanding of IT systems and strong communication skills.
Manor School Sports College is a popular, dynamic and fully comprehensive secondary academy which values all members of its community. Rated a ‘good’ school, we create a stimulating learning environment with high expectations; students are encouraged to be aspirational, to achieve their potential and become lifelong learners.
Please see the Job description for more information.
Key Aspects of the role include:
• To effectively administer assessment, student and pastoral data in SIMS.
• To provide Pupil Progress data and support the production of clear reports for students, parents, teachers and Senior Leaders.
• To analyse examination data following receipt of results and maintain prior attainment data in an accessible format.
• To complete data returns as required by external organisations including the Department for Education.
In order to apply for this role it is essential that you have:
• Excellent skills and experience using Microsoft Office packages, particularly Excel.
• Experience working within a similar role. Experience of working in a school environment would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience of data management.
• The ability to build and maintain excellent professional relationships with colleagues.
• Experience in the use of software to support data management functions.
• Experience of planning and prioritising your own workload and managing competing demands.
If you have experience and knowledge of administering and analysing data processes, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Further details and an application form for the above post are available on our academy website www.manorschool.northants.sch.uk . Alternatively contact Beverley Davis, School Business & Operations Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Monday 20 May 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, the provisional date for interviews is Thursday 23 May 2019.
Interviews will consist of a panel interview and a data task/in-tray exercise.
Manor School Sports College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.