British International School Riyadh
(3-18, BSME, CIS, co-educational, English-medium school)
Principal: Chris Mantz M.Ed.
Do you want to be part of an exciting, innovative and rewarding learning environment with highly motivated students, excellent teachers
and supportive parents?
DATA MANAGER required for February 2018 or sooner
The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others���. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a Data Manager with the technical knowledge, educational experience and customer support skills to manage the data related services and lead a small team to drive innovative and efficient use of technology within the school.
The ideal candidate will:
- have excellent computing skills, able to easily manage and analyse data using MS Excel;
- have a depth of experience using and supporting Capita SIMS software;
- be skilled in, or willing to learn about, the construction and maintenance of school timetables;
- understand the purpose of a VLE (preferable FROG) and be able to guide and support staff in making the most of the software tools available;
- have experience of creating and implementing assessment tracking systems;
- possess ability to work under pressure and to respond to rapidly changing priorities and demands;
- be customer focused;
- show evidence of excellent leadership and project management skills;
- understand and appreciate the role of social media in marketing and public relations;
- have an abundance of good humour and initiative.
- have a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) (essential);
The successful candidate will:
- manage the Helpdesk, MIS & Website systems, supporting over 3000 users;
- embrace change and plan, deliver and review new innovative systems to improve efficiency;
- provide a regular schedule of training and develop resources to support staff learning;
- keep the school’s leadership team informed of new uses of technology in education;
- be self-motivated and enjoy working flexibly in a busy environment.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application addressed to the Principal with accompanying CV to HR by 10:00 (KSA) on Tuesday 31st October 2017 via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
BISR believes very strongly in the role of the school in safeguarding children and young people. All staff, whatever their role in the school, will require to undergo rigorous background checks before commencing employment.
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa