Are you an experienced administrator with a keen interest in Data Protection and wish to develop your knowledge of GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018? We now have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Administrator to join our vibrate and busy central support team based in Strood.
As this is a brand new role for our team, we have a degree of flexibility in what the working pattern will be. We can offer this role on a full-time basis i.e 37 hours per week, but for the right candidate we can consider reduced days/hours per week – this can be discussed during the interview stage. In return, we expect flexibility from our successful candidate during busy periods.
Tasks will include tracking all Data Subject Rights and other third-party data requests received by the Trust in order to ensure compliance with GDPR and associated legislative requirements. In addition, you will provide support to the wider academies in relation to the compliance and secure use of personal information to meet the business objectives of Leigh Academies Trust (LAT).
- To process all Data Subject Requests (Incl. SARs, Rectification, Erasure etc.) and third-party requests in accordance with internal LAT processes, the GDPR and UK Data Protection legislation ensuring liaison with the internal department, whilst ensuring compliance with timescales.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records and registers, ICO registrations and other ad hoc administrative tasks for the team.
- Work with the SIRO/DPO and other internal stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of data protection compliance across LAT.
- To collate statistics and provide reporting to monitor compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws with regards to internal data protection activities.
- To maintain an awareness of the GDPR and related data protection legislation.
- To provide support to the SIRO and DPO when they are conducting investigations in association with any legal, ICO or litigation actions/proceedings/complaints that may take place.
- Assist with addressing queries/complaints and respond to the identification of and resolution of data quality issues ensuring that data subject rights are met where possible.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks associated with the role.
Our successful candidate will;
- Have an appreciation of data protection/privacy issues and a proactive work ethic to ensure knowledge is always up-to-date
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have an ability to prioritise effectively and organise own workload and using own initiative where appropriate
- Work with discretion in the handling of sensitive personal data ensuring that information is handled appropriately
- Have excellent ICT skills with good working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Our successful candidate will join us as soon as possible, depending on the notice period that you may have. The role will be based at Leigh Academies Trust Head Office in Strood, Rochester but please note that our successful candidate will be required to travel between our academies as and when required so must have a driving license and access to your own car. Our academies are based between Greenwich, Dartford, Rochester and Maidstone. Rest assured that reimbursement for travel can be claimed in accordance with LAT’s Travel Expenses Policy.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st January 2019, our Trust is comprised of 23 geographically organised academies (11 secondaries, 11 primaries and 1 special) educating over 15,000 students, and employing over 2,500 talented staff. We also have three further academies in development phase, due to open in September 2020. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training providers and a large teaching school.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
We strive to offer a range of benefits that all employees can take advantage of which we regularly review and add to - click here to view what you’d receive as a member of staff with Leigh Academies Trust.
Click here for a glimpse of what life is like working for Leigh Academies Trust and why we're so proud of what we do.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
The academy is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.