International Aviation Technical College at Riyadh, Operated by: Aviation Australia is looking for applicant’s for the position of ‘’Dean of Studies – Foundation Campus.
The Dean of Studies – Foundation Campus is responsible for ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning, achievement and development for all students in accordance with the approved curriculum and the Aviation Australia Riyadh College (AARC) policies and procedures. This will be achieved through clear and effective management and leadership of all Faculty and Non Faculty staff.
- Ensure delivery of AARC’s contribution to educational and academic strategic plans. Ensure all instructional delivery and assessment is conducted as per AARC policies and procedures.
- Effective management of all staff in the Department, plus other staff as delegated by the CEO/Dean through the establishment and operation of an effective academic structure, including the below:
- Continually review curriculum content, teaching and assessment methods and instruments. Participate in the development and generation of class notes, and teaching material.
- Manage the conduct of all examinations and practical assessments and manage the preparation, correction and assessment of examination papers and assignments.
- Prepare clear, pedagogically and professionally sound documentation and reports and submit in the time frames stipulated by the accountable / reporting Manager.
- In cooperation with the Commercial Manager, manage the counselling, remediation and administration of students.
- In cooperation with the Commercial Manager, support student recruitment and attendance procedures.
- Manage the development of robust academic leadership in the department and wider community.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental practice in the facility complies with AARC policy and regulations.
- Ensuring effective representation of the AARC’s interests within and outside the college.
- Ensuring that the academic activities of AARC are undertaken in accordance with the governance, policy and regulatory frameworks of the college.
- Manage all student progress to ensure all student progress strategic objectives are achieved for AARC.
- Faculty staff.
- Recruitment of instructional staff.
- All activities to ensure the safety and welfare of staff, students and the general public is maintained.
- Actively monitoring classroom learning activities with due regard to AARC’s commitment to workplace health and safety.
- Development of a current, relevant and engaging curricula.
- Ensuring that faculty staff complete student attendance and academic progress to the highest standards.
- Developing and implementing strategies to improve overall student participation and attendance.
- Supporting staff in dealing effectively with student behaviour to remove barriers to learning.
Training, supporting and managing staff through:
- Ensuring that all new staff receive a comprehensive induction.
- Supporting the continuing professional development of staff.
- Facilitating the sharing of good practice throughout the department.
- Performance management of staff.
Leading Faculty review and improvement planning by:
Managing all observation of teaching and learning.
Ensuring the effective use of self-review tools including those which facilitate student feedback on their learning experiences.
Preparing improvement plans for the Faculty.
Managing the conduct of examinations and assessments including the preparation, correction and assessment of examination papers and assignments.
Participating in College Progression and Appeal Boards as required.
Maintaining current professional competence by active engagement in professional development activities whenever offered by AARC and through independent development.
Performing administrative tasking including ensuring compliance with Operational policies and procedures including managing and coordinating all student reporting.
Participating in student field excursions and their supervision.
Maintaining awareness with regards to relevant legislation.
Academic monitoring including regular communications with the students and their teachers to ensure that their studies are progressing according to their study plan.
Prepare training reports and data as requested by the accountable/reporting manager.
Effectively lead, manage and motivate the Faculty Team.
Participate in or lead projects as required by the CEO / Dean.
Together with other members of the Leadership Team, build a productive teaching and working environment.
Act in accordance with AARC’s policies and ensure that the college complies with the provisions of relevant legislation as they apply to the College.
Oversee the development and implementation of risk management policies and activities within portfolio areas.
Manage area budgets in accordance with company strategic and financial objectives.
Meet set Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as directed by the CEO / Dean.
Comply with the requirements of AARCOE’s:
- A first degree in any related subject
- A Masters degree from a recognized university in TESOL or ELT Management or DELTA.
- A Masters degree in Business or a related field
- A Bachelor degree in education in the vocational arena
- Substantial and successful senior leadership and management experience in English Language centers in developed countries.
- Minimum of four years of teaching experience in developed countries
- Demonstrated operational experience and ability to produce results effectively and efficiently.
- Demonstrated successful experience in leading a team of educators and effectively developing the academic structure of an educational institution.
- Demonstrated ability to research, plan, coordinate, monitor, analyse and evaluate all aspects of an educational faculty.
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member; cope with workload pressure and deadlines; and work in a results-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to follow and manage a staff performance system.
- Previous experience in a similar role within a Gulf Country.
- Demonstrated experience (at least 5 years) in managing a broad range of student Academic issues across varied functions and educational operations.
- Previous experience in managing teams successfully.
- Experience in facilitating change in the workplace.
- Sound experience in managing multi-disciplinary and multicultural groups of employees and students.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, developing and implementing value add academic initiatives to the business.
- Well oriented in the Arabian culture and social environment
- Sufficient industry experience to successfully fulfil the requirements of this role.
- Experience within the vocational training arena.
- Experience within the aviation arena.
- Demonstrated understanding or experience in the delivery of training programs.
- Demonstrated ability to identify compliance issues and manage an approved quality plan.
Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking skills in English and preferable in Arabic.
- Demonstrated familiarity with, or experience in, Arab countries and culture; a range of cross-cultural experience and international development experience preferred.
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and write reports.
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues through negotiation and consultation with other team members.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to prioritise work, to deal with competing demands, manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues and maintain total confidentiality.
- Strong computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications and the ability to become an effective user of new computer systems.
- Preparedness to undertake training as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial practices and contractual legislation.
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Assertiveness and an ability to remain professional and measured in approach, regardless of the situation.
- Ability to work both independently and within a flexible team environment.
- Ability to foster a customer focused working environment and build and maintain rapport with staff and students.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers from diverse cultural backgrounds, displaying awareness of cross-cultural communication issues.
- Willingness and ability to demonstrate initiative and accept responsibility and accountability.
Applicant who are willing to be based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia may send their applications to email@example.com