- Help shape a dynamic learning community
- Cremorne location
- Full-time, maximum term position commencing Term 1, January 2020
Redlands is a dynamic, leading Sydney independent school, providing a diverse, co-educational P-12 learning environment with an innovative, flexible and research-based teaching practice. The School is founded in the Anglican tradition, based upon established Christian values.
We are seeking an experienced professional who will be responsible for the leadership and management of an exceptional academic program and a best practice approach to teaching and learning across P-6. This includes the continued implementation of the Redlands Learning Platform and the Redlands Staff Performance and Development Framework. The Dean of Teaching and Learning (P-6) reports to the Head of Teaching and Learning (P-12) and is part of the Junior Campus leadership team. The successful applicant will work closely with the two Section Heads of the Junior Campus (Heads of Junior and Preparatory School).
The Dean of Teaching and Learning (P-6) will:
- Work in collaboration with the Head of Teaching and Learning (P-12), and will have specific oversight of the leadership, management, development and accountability for teaching and learning across P-6.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the continued staff engagement and implementation of the Redlands Learning Platform and the Redlands Staff Performance and Development Framework (RSPDF) across P-6.
- Assist the Heads of Junior and Preparatory School in the engagement, mentoring, development and retention of teachers, whose pedagogical approach is amenable to deliver curriculum using the Redlands Learning Platform (RLP).
- Contribute to the whole-school approach to support and enrichment, with specific team leadership of the P-6 Learning Plus staff.
- Work closely with Year Coordinators across P-6 in growing high quality teaching practice.
- Participate in classroom teaching as requested by the Heads of Section on the Junior Campus (no more than 1 day per week).
Please refer to the Position Description available on the Redlands website to view the duties, responsibilities, skills and other general requirements for the role.
In your application please include the following:
- Cover letter
If you are invited to interview for the role, please bring evidence of your qualifications/transcripts with you.
Applications close: 4pm, Friday 18 October 2019