Location: Braddon, ACT
Employment Type: Part-time, Temporary
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Tuesday 3 August 2021
Merici College is an all girls’ 7-12 Catholic college committed to excellence in the education of girls, striving to assist all students to develop their potential academically, spiritually, culturally, physically and socially through innovative programs. Merici College is an IB World School, authorized to offer the Diploma Program (Years 11-12) and in the process of candidacy for the Middle Years Program (Year 7-10).
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Defence School Mentor to join our inclusive team. Under direction of the Principal or Principal’s nominee, a DSM provides assistance to Defence children and their families To be successful in this role, you will have highly effective communication, interpersonal and organisational skills to provide assistance and support to dependants of Australian Defence Force members as they move school and during times of parental absence.
- Demonstrated ability to empathise and work with young people.
- Appropriate qualifications and/or demonstrated relevant experience.
- Ability to liaise with a range of individuals and community groups.
- Demonstrated high level of communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people, e.g., students, school Principal and staff, parents, Defence members and their families.
- Demonstrated skills in advocacy and negotiation, including problem-solving and conflict resolution are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to organise own work, set priorities, meet deadlines, work independently and as a team member, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to plan, organise, evaluate, and deliver innovative and creative programs, resources and activities relating to mobile families, students, and the school community.
- Demonstrated sound knowledge of Excel and Word.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Lauren Frankham on 02 6243 4100 or via email Lauren.Frankham@merici.act.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn