Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls, part of the PolyMAT multi academy trust, is an all-inclusive girls’ school and the sister school to Woolwich Polytechnic School for Boys, rated Outstanding by Ofsted. The boys’ school has a long-standing reputation in the local area for delivering an outstanding education to its pupils and this will be replicated in the girls’ school.
The Trust prides itself on a culture of high standards and values from staff and pupils. This will be a demanding yet rewarding school where students and staff will feel valued and supported.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional Science teacher that has the potential to become Head of Department as the school grows in size. An individual with a dynamic and inspirational approach to teaching, who will support and lead the department in achieving its ambitious targets and goals and be actively involved in teaching science.
Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls is looking for a Department Lead who can lead by example. Initially, there will only be Year 7 students in the school so this is a role that you can grow and develop as the school itself grows. This role would suit an outstanding teacher who feels they are ready to take the next steps on their career journey.
We would like a Department Lead who believes in collaboration both for students and when working with colleagues, a teacher who is reflective of their own strengths and who is keen to share their areas of expertise and their enthusiasm with others. The ideal candidate will be expected to lead the extra-curricular activities within the department as well as the pastoral life of the school.
If you have ambition and the desire to lead a core department, then Woolwich Poly Girls is waiting to hear from you.
Our vision is ‘success for everyone’ and we are looking for staff that can bring this vision to reality.
We are looking for a Department Lead who has:
• A genuine passion for teaching science
• The ability to develop into a Head of Department
• The willingness and skills to lead and motivate a core team.
• The drive and enthusiasm to engage and inspire pupils.
• The dedication to improve the life chances of young people throughout the school.
As a member of staff at Woolwich Polytechnic School for Girls we can offer you:
• Opportunities for career progression
• Excellent professional development
• A contributory pension scheme
• Opportunities to collaborate with outstanding and dynamic teaching professionals
• Access to various discounts for a small monthly fee
• An employee assistance programme
• Childcare vouchers
• Season ticket loans
• Finders fees for personal introductions of staff that we employ
• Excellent catering facilities
• Secure on-site parking
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including the need for the successful candidate to undertake a disclosure and barring check via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The school is also committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Interviews are scheduled for week commencing 4 March 2019.