To work together to inspire and challenge our learners to achieve excellence
This mission statement is summed up in our motto:-
INSPIRE, CHALLENGE, EXCEL
Vision: OUTSTANDING IN EVERYTHING WE DO
Our Values: RESPECT, PRIDE, AMBITION
Castlebrook High School is a rapidly improving school with a clear ambition for its future; it will be second to none. In order to accelerate progress to this ambition, we seek an exceptional candidate to join our family and to lead this curriculum area with drive and determination.
The Academy Principal, Senior Leadership Team, academy councillors and staff are committed to securing outstanding in all areas of school life and the best possible outcomes and life changes for all learners.
It is expected that the successful candidate will lead and teach Spanish (Years 7-11) and French (Year 10-11 at present) and secure good progress for all learners in these key subjects.
Castlebrook High School is an academy within the Shaw Education Trust. The Trust is led by an Executive Leadership Team steeped in school leadership and improvement experience: www.shaw-education.org.uk. They are committed to the continued professional development of all members of staff and the sustained successful performance of all its academies. Career opportunities within the Trust are significant. All leaders are supported to excel. There is a bespoke leadership pathway programme which enables the next stage of professional growth within the group.
We are going to create something exceptional for the young people in our community and if this ambition appeals to you, we would be delighted to receive your application.
We are seeking a colleague who will:
- Uphold the values and beliefs of the Shaw Education Trust and be unswerving in a commitment to improve, accelerate and enable ambitious life goals for all our learners
- Successfully strategically lead and line manage the MFL department to move it to outstanding.
- Be enthusiastic, passionate, creative, flexible and innovative with the drive and determination to successfully contribute to whole school improvement.
- Ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning, learner attainment, progress and behaviour across the department.
- Support at all times the positive ethos, values and policies of the school
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young people you are responsible for or come into contact with
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be committed to significantly contributing to the extracurricular and enrichment life of the school through for example educational visits
The school is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of learners and all staff must share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo appropriate screening including an Enhanced DBS check.
The school is committed to the ongoing professional development of all its employees.
Application forms are downloadable from this website and should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Mrs S. Armstrong, Academy Principal. Comprehensive information about our school is available on the school website www.castlebrookhighschool.co.uk.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Thursday 1st March 2018.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Thursday 15th March 2018.
Castlebrook High School
Bury BL9 8LP
Tel: 0161 796 9820
Fax: 0161 796 3380
Academy Principal: Mrs S. Armstrong BA (Hons), NPQH