September 2017 start
“OUTSTANDING” (Ofsted 2011)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of English to take their teaching career to the next stage as Deputy Co-ordinator of English. This is a key role in our school and the successful applicant will be responsible for supporting the strategic direction and development of the English department at our ‘outstanding’ rated Academy.
Crofton Academy, Specialists in Maths and Computing, is a co-educational comprehensive day academy where the age range of the pupils is 11 to 16. Situated just outside Wakefield in the sought after village of Crofton we are popular locally and beyond our catchment area. In 2016 we once again achieved an excellent set of results reaffirming that Crofton Academy is consistently producing outstanding results year on year. Our school is seen as one of the most successful locally as well as achieving national recognition for outstanding progress and attainment. Pupils in the class of 2016 achieved 66% A*- C including English and maths, the new accountability measures for schools.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for English
• Be an innovative thinker
• Be able to inspire and motivate students and colleagues
• Take responsibility for curriculum development at KS3
• Be a leader who can pro-actively move the department forward
• Be a proven outstanding teacher who is able to coach and mentor other staff
The benefits of working at Crofton
• A committed and supportive leadership team and governing body
• High quality professional development opportunities
• The opportunity to work with exceptional learners
• Strong community links including our feeder schools
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure.
If you would like to arrange a visit to Crofton Academy or if you have any further enquiries, please contact Louise Stirk, PA to Headteacher, Mr P Walker, at firstname.lastname@example.org or review the school website at www.croftonacademy.org.uk
Fully completed applications need to be submitted to Louise Stirk by 9am on Tuesday 25th April 2017. Assessments are scheduled to take place on Friday 28th April 2017.