A fantastic opportunity has arisen at our vibrant and successful school. Barnhill Community High School is a place where student success is at the heart of all that we do. As a school we are positioned in the top 5% for progress 8 nationally with a score of +0.66. English is one of our strongest subject areas and is a hugely popular subject with students. Many students go on to study English ‘A’ Level in our vibrant sixth form.
The English Curriculum Area at Barnhill Community High School has a superb record of achievement:
• Top 11% nationally for high prior attainers progress. +0.60 progress 8 score.
•Top 20% nationally for disadvantaged students. +0.20 progress 8 score.
• Top 18% nationally for English progress 8 score. +0.42 progress 8 score.
• Grade 7s and higher 25% (National average 20%).
• Grade 9s and higher 4% (National average 2.5%).
We are moving rapidly towards our goal of becoming an outstanding school and we are looking for an expert English teacher to join our team .
Barnhill Community High School has an amazing record of staff development leading to rapid career progression at all levels. This school part of the Middlesex Learning Partnership, which is at an exciting time in its development. The Trust has a strong shared sense of community and a real commitment to making a difference to the lives of young people.
We need you to be:
- Experienced in teaching and the English curriculum
- Enthusiastic and optimistic in your approach
- Committed to inspiring and motivating our students through the highest expectation
- A strong communicator wanting the best for each student
In return, we will offer you:
- Motivated hard working students
- Dedicated, friendly and experienced colleagues
- Receive specific training to support your development as a senior leader
As a people-centered organisation we offer an outstanding employee support package alongside proven support with professional development.
‘Leaders have established a culture shift in the school with greater communication and trust among colleagues’ (Challenge Partners 2017)
Further information and application form can be found on the school’s website: www.barnhill.school
To apply for this post please email a letter of application and completed application form to Tricia Dyer at email@example.com
Closing date: Noon 25 January 2019
Barnhill Community High is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note that Barnhill Community High reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Early applications are welcome