Plumstead Manor is a thriving and rapidly improved school recently judged Good by Ofsted (May 2018). We are dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich, and hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for all our young people.
Our goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them throughout their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. We believe that high-quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential all our young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
Our Science department is a vibrant and energetic team of specialists who offer a range of qualifications across academic, and where appropriate, vocational pathways. This includes Double and Triple Science at GCSE alongside A levels in Biology, Chemistry and Physics, supplemented by a successful and rigorously taught Level 3 BTEC Applied Science. At KS3, students follow our new curriculum that develops curiosity about the way the world works and seeks to uncover the inner beauty that Science has to reveal. We seek to promote a lifelong love of learning and our broad and balanced curriculum means we provide a platform for our students to compete for the most competitive courses at university and most sought-after jobs. Many of our Post 16 students go on to study Science at a higher level, in areas including medicine, pharmacology and engineering.
As DCL Science, you will:
- support the Curriculum Leader
- be responsible for managing and monitoring the curriculum development of Science across a particular key stage
- model and encourage inspirational learning experiences
- be passionate about your subject and share our commitment to academic scholarship, high expectations for behaviour and personal development, together with a commitment to extra-curricular activities such as STEM clubs
We can offer you:
- dynamic and enthusiastic students
- the opportunity to be part of a strong and supportive team
- high-quality professional development
- a whole school commitment to excellence and justice
To apply, please visit www.plumsteadmanor.com and apply online. Alternatively, contact the HR Team on 020 3260 3123 or email email@example.com quoting ref: 753/DCLS.
Closing date: Wednesday 25 September 2019 at noon.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.