Deputy DSL / Pupil Engagement Officer
Hours of Work: 37 hour / week. Term time (38 weeks) + 5 days
Salary: Grade F (SP 19-24) Currently £25,481 - £28,672 FTE per annum
(£21,795 - £24,524 Pro Rata per annum)
We are looking for a permanent Pupil Engagement Officer (PEO) with the relevant skills, knowledge and experience, who wants to join and compliment our enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated pastoral team, from the 1st September 2021. This role also carries the additional responsibility of deputy designated safeguarding lead working with our safeguarding leader.
We are very privileged and proud to work with our children, their families and the local community; they deserve everything that we can give them! The team at Thames is committed to offering high quality pastoral care for our children and extensive support and guidance for our parents and families. Our children are firmly at the heart of everything we do and we continually strive to do the best for them.
Governors are looking to appoint a candidate who supports our values and has a desire to join our dedicated and supportive team at Thames.
Thames Primary Academy and Nursery is part of the Achievement Through Collaboration ATC Multi Academy Trust. This offers candidates an opportunity to be part of a larger support network of professionals and access to a wealth of exciting professional development and training opportunities.
What are we looking for?
At Thames we are committed to inclusion and we need someone who is caring, approachable, flexible and resilient and can bring out the very best in our children.
In particular we are looking someone who:
- Understands how children learn and develop and provides exciting and rich opportunities in which they will thrive.
- Will work with children, parents/carers and families to provide early intervention, support and guidance to improve academic and social outcomes for pupils.
- Can support the DSL as the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
- Will actively support and model the ethos and aims of the academy and AtC.
- Is able to work as an integral part of a team.
- Is determined and resilient with high expectations of themselves and others.
- Is flexible, empathetic and has a good sense of humour.
- Wants the best for every child and is willing to work tirelessly to achieve this.
What can we offer you?
- A wonderful, modern and purposeful working environment with excellent facilities and a wealth of resources to support teaching and learning.
- A hardworking, dedicated and supportive team of professionals who work well together and strive for excellence in everything they do.
- High quality support and a wealth of professional development opportunities.
- A supportive leadership team and local governing body who are committed to staff wellbeing and reducing unnecessary workload.
- Fantastic children and supportive parents who both deserve the best.
How to Apply
1. Read the job description and person specification carefully.
2. Complete the application form online.
3. Ensure your supporting letter is concise (no more than 2 sides of A4 font size 12) and relates to the person specification.
If you would like to visit the school prior to applying then please contact the school office 01253 341466
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Wednesday 30th June 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on 5th July 2021
Thames Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
Welcome to Thames Primary Academy
At Thames Primary Academy we strive to ensure our pupils enjoy the best possible education and we are continuously driving for improvement.
“Let Your Potential Soar”
At Thames we take the ‘whole child’ into account. ...