St Christopher’s School is seeking a dynamic, creative and ambitious educational leader with a talent for inspiring and empowering others to champion and further develop an inspirational and innovative curriculum, driving forward the quality of creativity and Teaching and Learning across the school.
Working closely with the Head of Lower School, Key Stage Two Coordinators and Subject Leads, the Deputy Head Academic will be instrumental in the development of the school as a highly performing learning community. Key responsibilities will include:
- Translating the school’s vision into operational and strategic objectives and plans
- Leading on policy development and implementation in the following areas: learning, teaching, curriculum, assessment, reporting and innovation
- Ensuring modern and outstanding practices in Teaching and Learning through your strong, current knowledge of pedagogies
- Developing the school’s monitoring, assessment and reporting practices
They will line manage some teaching staff and subject coordinators and be a form teacher where appropriate. They will be responsible for timetabling the curriculum and overseeing the planning and effective delivery of learning enrichment. They will deputise and manage the school in the absence of the Head.
The successful St Christopher’s candidate will offer:
• Dynamic, creative and ambitious educational leadership
• An innovative, investigative and inclusive approach to learning
• Passion, creativity and a flexible mind
• High expectations of pupils
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Initiative and a proactive approach to teaching
• The ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and parents
• Commitment to the School and its ethos
St Christopher’s offers:
• A lively, and innovative learning environment with an extended focus on sports, music, art and drama
• Girls who love to learn
• Friendly staff team
• Excellent location in Hampstead
• Competitive salary package
• Free school lunches during term-time
• Teacher’s Pension Scheme
St Christopher’s is a girls’ day school (IAPS 4-11) with approximately 240 pupils with selective entry into Reception and Year 1. The school is oversubscribed and girls continue their education at 11+ to some of the top schools in London and around the country.
For full details, please press Quick Apply and refer to the attached documents.
All applications to be received by Monday 25 January 2021 by 8am. We reserve the right to contact candidates ahead of the deadline.
Round 1 (interviews and tasks) 28th January;
Round 2 (presentation and interview) 2nd February
The School is committed to safeguarding children within its welfare.
The appointment is subject to at least two satisfactory references, receipt of Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) disclosure, verification of identity and qualifications, satisfactory medical fitness, evidence of the right to work in the UK and DfE prohibition checks. Additional overseas checks will be required for candidates who have lived or worked outside the UK.
St Christopher’s School adheres to the General Data Protection Regulation (2018). We will obtain information about you including any criminal convictions you may have. All information will be kept confidential and it will only be used to process your application. If your application is unsuccessful, all your information will be deleted from our systems and disposed of in a secure manner.
The School is an equal opportunities employer.
St Christopher's School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Girls school with students of age 4 - 11 years
St Christopher’s School is a non-denominational, independent day school for girls aged 4-11. It is located in Hampstead, North London, and has about 245 pupils.
The primary school was founded in 1883, with the earliest written records appearing...