King’s College Doha, a member of the King’s Schools family, is seeking to appoint an outstanding Deputy Head Academic to our team. This is a unique opportunity to lead a highly talented team that are quickly establishing King’s College Doha as the leading Prep School in Qatar.
King’s College Doha is a British Curriculum school for children aged 3 to 11. We enjoy a strong relationship with King’s College Taunton, our parent school in the UK, and are proud to have brought one hundred and thirty-five years of outstanding British education to Qatar. Set on an outstanding campus close to Doha city centre, children and teachers at King’s College Doha benefit from first class facilities for both academic and co-curricular learning.
We want our Deputy Head Academic to be someone who:
- has an excellent track-record of curriculum leadership and management.
- has experience or a strong understanding of British independent school education.
- is an excellent leader with the ability to communicate effectively with pupils, staff and parents.
- understands assessment and planning best practice and can oversee the school-wide implementation of this.
- will set and maintain high teaching and learning standards
- will develop a collaborative and supportive culture amongst colleagues, in which information, ideas and resources are shared.
- knowledge of Common Entrance would be an advantage
How to Apply
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button beneath the advert text - here you will be able to download an application form. After considering the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school. Completed application forms should be submitted to TES via the “My Completed Application” section by the closing date.
The closing date for applications is Friday 2nd February 2018
Preliminary discussions with candidates will take place in early January. First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and final round interviews arranged accordingly.
King’s College Doha reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Philippa Ibbs at email@example.com should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
King’s College Doha is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check (or equivalent for teachers currently working overseas) and satisfactory reference checks.