Avonwood Primary School is a relatively new primary school with an already impressive reputation. Launched in 2014 as a two form entry school, due to oversubscription and demand we increased to three form entry in 2015. We have 90 children in all year groups except year 3 with 60. Currently we have children from EYFS to Year 3. In the summer term of 2017 we were judged by OFSTED to be a “Good” school as part of an inspection that also encompassed the Secondary School and Sixth Form.
In June 2012 Avonbourne College became the founder member of Avonbourne International Business & Enterprise Academy Trust (AIBET). The Trust comprises of two single sex secondary Academies, a Co-ed 6th Form, and a Primary School. The Primary and 6th Form provision are specifically part of Avonbourne College.
The CEO is responsible for all aspects of the Trust. The Avonwood Headteacher reports to the CEO. The Deputy Headteacher will report to the Headteacher and will be responsible for overseeing Key Stage 2. The school has another Assistant Headteacher and she is responsible for KS1. As we are a growing school the leadership team will continue to grow over the next three years.
We have an exceptionally strong ethos at the school called the “Earth Charter”. This is a United Nations charter and is something that flows through all aspects of school life. To date we are the only Earth Charter primary school in the United Kingdom. We are based in a brand new purpose built school complete with our very own Science Laboratory and Computer Science suite.
The CEO, Headteacher and Directors of AIBET are looking to appoint a highly motivated and exceptional leader with strong organisational and management skills who will take the KS2 aspect of our Primary School forward into the next exciting phase of its development.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
· Has proven leadership experience
· Has strong interpersonal skills
· Will gain the confidence of parents, staff, pupils and the community
· Is able to build upon and develop the vision for the school
· Has an open and approachable manner
· Is committed to the principles of inclusion
· Has a clear understanding of the current educational context and how to translate that into an exceptional experience for our children.
· Is an inspiring and engaging teacher, committed to our vision and ethos.
· Has a strong background in junior school education with a vision for our bespoke KS2 curriculum.
In return, we can offer:
· The support and backing of AIBET and an internationally renowned school judged as Good by OFSTED in 2017.
· Happy and enthusiastic pupils with positive attitudes, who enjoy coming to school
· An experienced, loyal and committed staff and governing body
· A welcoming and friendly environment
· The opportunity for ongoing professional development
· The chance to take a lead in the development of primary provision for the Trust.
· Being part of a new, dynamic and welcoming leadership team
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious leader to take responsibility for the junior phase and work with the Headteacher, staff and Governors of the Trust in creating an equally outstanding KS2 provision. The post holder will have a 40% timetable teaching Year 4.
Closing Date: 21.1.18
Visits to Avonwood Primary School are warmly welcomed. To book a visit, please contact Tanya Stewart on 01202 726620 or email email@example.com
For further details and an application form, please visit www.avonbournetrust.org