An exciting new post of Deputy Head Co-curricular has been created to drive the quality, breadth and reach of the co-curricular offer to Stonyhurst pupils and the wider community.
The possibilities and opportunities for this role are only limited by imagination. Music and Drama plays a key role in Jesuit education and our year groups are called ‘Playrooms’ to reflect this tradition. Stonyhurst has extraordinary facilities including: a world-class museum (containing a Shakespeare First Folio); a fully functioning Observatory (from 1866) and weather station; dance studio; shooting range; tennis dome; golf course and even fishing rights to a stretch of the River Hodder. The Campus Master Plan identifies developments for a second all-weather pitch, a Sports Hall and a Performing Arts Centre.
The Deputy Head Co-curricular is expected to:
• Actively promote the Jesuit Mission and Identity of Stonyhurst College;
• Lead and give strategic direction to the College’s co-curricular programme;
• Ensure an exciting and diverse co-curricular programme including contributions from Academic Departments;
• Promote pupil-led Clubs and Societies;
• Work closely with the Director of Music, Director of Sport, and Heads of Drama, Dance, Duke of Edinburgh, Combined Cadet Force, Chaplaincy, etc.;
• Act as Duke of Edinburgh Verifier;
• Develop more specialisms to regional and national level;
• Be responsible for the Interline programme, maximising pupil involvement and sense of community;
• Work closely with the Director of Human Resources to ensure, when necessary, that appropriate visiting staff fulfil the appropriate safeguarding and recruitment checks;
• Promote the co-curricular programme to all stakeholders;
• Co-ordinate and supervise all school trips and visits (including risk assessments);
• Administrate CHQ co-curricular software and ensure that the system is utilised fully by staff and pupils;
• Using CHQ, maintain a system for monitoring and evaluating pupil involvement and achievement in the co-curricular life of the College;
• Review and assess the benefits and effectiveness of all co-curricular activities within the context of the Stonyhurst Mission Statement;
• Chair the Co-curricular Committee;
• Work closely with the Deputy Head Academic and Deputy Head Pastoral to ensure a balance between the academic and the co-curricular;
• Contribute fully to the running of the College as a member of the College Leadership Team (ie boarding, evenings, Sunday Mass, social events, etc.).
Closing date for applications Friday 14th June 2019
Interviews will be held on Friday 28th June 2019