A vibrant Church school in the heart of the Highbury community is looking for an inspirational Deputy Head to lead Inclusion and Teaching and Learning across the school.
We are looking for a Deputy Head who:
- Will lead, manage, develop and maintain high standards of Inclusive Practice which enables high quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
- Will play a leading and strategic role in closing gaps for disadvantaged pupils
- Is innovative, flexible, creative and open to change and new challenges
- Is keen to participate actively in the day to day life of the school and the children
- Inspires a love of learning in both staff and pupils
We can offer you:
- A nurturing and dynamic community, rooted in Christian values, where children are encouraged to be the best they can be
- A team who believe that each child’s educational, emotional and spiritual welfare is vitally important and who commit to doing our very best for every child
- A heavily over-subscribed school, rated Outstanding by Ofsted in 2014
- A school where teaching and learning are of a consistently high standard
Please do come and visit us – we will gladly show you around our school, of which we are justifiably proud.
Closing date: 5pm Friday 9th March
Short Listing: Monday 12th March
Interview school visit: 19-23rd March
Interview date: Tuesday 27th March
School visits: Please call the school to arrange a visit
References for shortlisted applicants will be taken up prior to the interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
For an application pack, or to arrange a visit, please contact Anne-Marie Sims on 020 7226 4906 or
To discuss the role further please contact Neil Richardson, Headteacher, at:
Location and contacts
St John’s Highbury Vale CE Primary School, Conewood Street, London, N5 1DL.
Telephone: 020 7226 4906