About Rolfe’s Nursery School
Rolfe’s Nursery School is a wonderful and happy Ofsted Outstanding Nursery School, situated just off the Portobello Road in North Kensington. Part of the Alpha Plus Group, we provide first class learning, which enables our children to achieve their full potential in a secure and caring environment.
About the Alpha Plus Group
The primary purpose of the Alpha Plus Group is to develop excellence in education through well-directed investment and professional management. The Gold Standard is the Group’s vision of educational excellence. It comprises two dimensions:
- Cultural - fostering high aspirations and expectations of staff and pupils, always recognising that excellence is a never-ending pursuit
- Operational - robust governance through which schools, colleges and central services are simultaneously supported and challenged in their pursuit of excellence
Centres of Excellence
The group recognises that great schools have their own identity and ethos and seeks to preserve such independent values. Whilst the interpretation and execution of ‘excellence’ may therefore vary across the Group, many elements, such as outstanding leadership, and passion and pride in teaching and learning, are common to all. Each centre retains its own identity, with the Heads and Principals afforded significant management authority, but with the benefits of financial security, camaraderie and opportunities for sharing best practice by belonging to one of the country's leading educational groups.
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and dedicated Deputy Head to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to deliver high quality early education for the children in the nursery school. It involves being a member of the teaching team and overseeing the practice to ensure that it is of an excellent standard. It is a leadership role that includes:
- Leading the teaching practice within the school
- Holding responsibility for the management of the school in the absence of the Head
- Ensuring that children experience a rich early years’ curriculum that enables them to develop the knowledge and skills to become ready for school.
The below is an idea of the key responsibilities, please see the Job Description for an extensive list:
- To be accountable for the delivery of high quality inclusive early education, which is responsive to the needs of children and their families
- To assist the Head in the day to day management of the school
- To promote the ethos of the school and have a high regard for the culture of the school including behaviour and attitude of staff and children
- To lead practice within the school. This includes:
- Establishing and sustaining a safe and welcoming environment through the provision of appropriate and attractive resources
- Planning a balance of child-led and adult initiated experiences
- Organising learning materials and resources and making imaginative use of resources
- Developing children's curiosity, interests and knowledge
- Structuring and shaping the curriculum so that it is fit for purpose.
The role entails ensuring a kind and caring environment for children, creating a friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Aside from joining a motivated and cheerful team, employees enjoy a number of benefits including:
- Discounted school fees
- Alpha Plus Group Personal Pension Plan
- Season Ticket Loans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to EAP
- Extensive CPD opportunities, including access to free online training for over 40 courses
To be considered for this position you must hold at least a Level 3 Early Years qualification or above. For applicants with QTS, this should be specific to the foundation stage age group. You must be able to demonstrate training and recent extensive experience of working at a leadership level with the early years’ age group.
Salary is competitive and negotiable for the right candidate and also dependent on qualifications and experience. The position is term time only and the hours of work are 08:30 – 16:00, Monday to Friday.
Viewings are encouraged, please contact the school office to arrange this.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 on 12 December 2019
Please note interviews will take place as and when suitable applications are received, and the advert may close sooner than the date specified, therefore early applications are strongly advised.
Please apply by clicking here
The Alpha Plus Group and Rolfe’s Nursery School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as an employee you are expected to share this commitment. The protection of our students’ welfare is the responsibility of all staff within APG Schools and individuals are expected to conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of our organisation. This role is subject to a number of pre-employment checks, including an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with Barred List clearance.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.