Deputy Head required from September 2018 (responsible for Teaching and Learning/Assessment/Behaviour).
Salary: Leadership Pay Range: Inner London 11 – 15, £57,918 - £63,041
Cobourg is a popular, successful 2-form entry primary school in Southwark, South-East London, where children from all backgrounds are able to flourish. We serve a diverse, vibrant community of happy children, who are always ready to learn and to receive the very best education. The school is committed to Inclusion, and achieved the Inclusion Quality Mark Centre of Excellence School status in 2014 & 2016, the SSG Silver award for sport in 2014/15, the Primary Science Quality Mark Silver award in 2015, the Healthy Schools London Bronze award in 2016 and the Healthy Schools London Silver award in 2017.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a second full-time, outstanding Deputy, who is committed to working in partnership with our existing Deputy Head but with separate roles and responsibilities. You will work with the Headteacher and SLT in raising standards and securing the best possible outcomes for every child. The successful candidate will have experience of working across all different phases within school and ideally have previous leadership experience in a primary school.
You will need to:
- Have high expectations of yourself and others and have a proven record of raising attainment
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with an eye for detail
- Have excellent leadership, management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have in-depth knowledge of current initiatives within the primary sector and demonstrate a clear vision of excellence in primary education
- Be highly organised, motivational and flexible with the ability to lead, inspire, and challenge children and colleagues
In return we offer you:
- Happy, motivated and enthusiastic pupils who are proud of their school
- A cheerful environment with modern IT equipment regularly updated
- A highly motivated hardworking team of colleagues
- Good additional classroom support from TAs/HLTAs
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
If you have all of these qualities, why not seize this fantastic opportunity to become one of our two Deputy Heads here at Cobourg Primary School.
Please visit our website: www.cobourg.southwark.sch.uk for key information about our school.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, by appointment through the school office. Application documents are available below. Applications are invited via the 'Apply Now' button.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 26 January 2018 @ 12 midday
Teaching observations and formal interviews for shortlisted candidates: Week commencing Monday 5 February 2018
Please note: Cobourg Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check.