Godwin Junior School is a successful, expanding three and four-form entry junior school in Forest Gate, Newham. We serve a vibrant and diverse community, where excellent relationships promote an inclusive, warm and secure environment where children feel safe and valued.
Central to the ethos and vision of our school is the belief that every child can achieve well and that it is our purpose ‘to prepare our children for lifelong success’. As members of the Whole Education network, we are committed to developing the whole child - not just achieving strong academic results but also helping the children to explore and develop their artistic, drama, musical, debating and sporting talents. Our UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools status demonstrates our commitment to global citizenship in the school’s ethos, curriculum and after-school clubs.
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Deputy Head who can play a crucial role in our journey from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’. If you are interested in being a key part of this vision please visit our website for more information and arrange to visit the school.
What makes us special?
- Motivated children who enjoy learning
- An ethos in which all of our children are supported to discover their talents and be successful
- A dedicated, highly-skilled and welcoming team of teachers and support staff who constantly seek to ensure that all of our children thrive
- A leadership team who place our children at the heart of every decision
- A real commitment to high-quality professional development
- A supportive, diverse community which contributes to our ethos
What makes you special?
- An excellent classroom practitioner with the ability to lead teaching and learning
- A successful leader with a proven record of raising standards in your current school
- A strategic thinker; able to identify priorities and work collaboratively to continue to improve attainment and progress
- Able to inspire others; promoting excellence in all areas of school life
- An effective communicator, capable of sharing our vision with all stakeholders
- Committed to inclusion, with high expectations for all of our children
Please apply at https://ats-npw.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/view/61101
Deadline for applications: Friday 18 May 2018
Interviews: w/c Monday 21 May
Visits to the school are very welcome. Please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Kettle, to arrange this.