Ivanhoe Grammar School is a co-educational independent school with campuses in Ivanhoe, Doreen and Macleod.
A central philosophy of the School is to develop and educate people of character and this philosophy extends beyond the classroom; learning is an important aspect of life and we honour this not only as educators but as an organisation. Staff are encouraged to pursue their interests through personal development and extended learning opportunities and are supported to do and be their best.
We believe that school is defined by its people and at the heart of Ivanhoe Grammar School is a commitment to appointing great people at all levels of employment.
About the role
The Deputy Head of Buckley House is a key leadership role within the Ivanhoe primary campus. The Deputy Head provides expert advice, assists and supports the Head of Buckley House in the leadership and day-to-day management of the campus to ensure the campus operates efficiently and harmoniously in the best interests of students, parents, and staff.
The position incorporates a range of administrative, teaching and learning, and pastoral care responsibilities and plays a key role in establishing key relationships with others in various leadership roles within the campus.
This is a full-time 5 year position of leadership commencing in January 2022. There is an extension process for the position of leadership and a commitment to an ongoing teaching role.
- You are an exceptional leader in your field with well-developed knowledge and understanding of contemporary trends and research into student wellbeing, engagement and learning
- A visionary leader with the ability to inspire, communicate and engage with students, staff, parents, and the wider community.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and support growth and development of teachers through strong coaching and mentoring.
- Demonstrated ability to skilfully foster positive relationships between teachers and students.
- Capacity to maintain professional relationships within the school community and with other organisations on behalf of the school where necessary.
- Highly competitive above award rate salary
- On-site car parking
- Highly supportive, experienced and knowledgeable team
- Employee Assistance Program
Only applications using the online application form will be accepted. Applications will close on 31st May 2021, interviews will take place throughout this process.
Ivanhoe Grammar School