We require an outstanding Teacher of Design Technology to join our team as a Deputy Head of Department.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a forward-looking, successful and energetic department with a record of high achievement for students. He/she will have the opportunity to teach KS3 and KS4 across the full ability range.
We are looking for:
- inspirational leadership in DT, focussed on achieving outstanding outcomes for all students;
- someone to assist the Head of Department with monitoring the quality of teaching ensuring a consistent and continuous focus on achievement and aspiration;
- someone able to empower and motivate students to achieve their potential;
- a teacher who demonstrates a dynamic and innovative approach in the classroom and demonstrates and articulates consistently high expectations of pedagogy;
- a colleague who will work as part of the team to contribute to the development of the department.
We are currently basking in the success of record exam results at both schools in August 2018 and are seeking to move into the top 5% of schools nationally for progress in the near future. We are committed to staff well-being and demonstrate that through our behaviour management and written feedback policies and by offering a few perks; the reduced corporate gym membership and the Wiltshire Rewards cashback programme are very popular. Staff also benefit from our commitment to professional development and, in working as part of a multi-academy trust with four secondary schools, groups of subject leaders and teachers are able to meet regularly to share ideas, schemes of work and to moderate together.
How to Apply
Full job description, department and application information can be found here http://st-edmunds.eu/admissions-recruitment/staff-recruitment/
Information on the Learning Campus can be found here http://www.wyvernsteds.org/
Should you have any specific queries that are not answered by the information we have provided, or wish to visit the school prior to making an application, please contact the Headteacher's PA, Jacqui Wardley (firstname.lastname@example.org; 01722 328565).
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st October 2019
St Edmund’s Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a fresh disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.