Applications are invited for the above post at this Outstanding, stable, over-subscribed and ambitious school. As Deputy Head of Faculty (English) you will join our English Faculty and take middle leadership responsibility for standards in particularly at KS3 and KS2/KS3 continuity. In our mini-school structure (of five colleges), the English Faculty sits within Bronte College.
We will appoint a consistently very good to outstanding teacher with great leadership potential who achieves excellent results for progress and attainment with her/his classes.
We are determined that the successful candidate will have:
- A passion for teaching English and Literature at KS3 and KS4
- Well-honed skills, in securing outstanding progress and attainment with critical groups at KS3 and KS4.
- Excellent skills in giving strong marking and feedback to students which leads to well-matched and challenging learning activities.
- Reliable evidence of very good to outstanding teaching and results, with a particular focus on the most able and least advantaged.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with students, staff and parents
- Expertise in ensuring excellent attitudes and conduct from students
Closing date for completed applications – Monday, 19th March 2018 (12 noon)
Interview date: TBC
Application forms and further details are available by contacting our Recruitment Partner Hannah Connell on 0151 242 5100 or Hannah.Connell@hays.com
Huddersfield Road, Mossley, via Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester OL5 9DP
Headteacher: Mr S. Marshall
Executive Headteacher: Mr. D Duncan
11-16 Community School
Mossley Hollins High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post requires an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)