Salary: Scale 15A – 15B (£38,813 - £39,782)
Required: 1 January 2020 (subject to notice period)
DO YOU SHARE OUR PASSION TO INSPIRE EVERY YOUNG PERSON TO REACH THEIR POTENTIAL?
Cumbria Education Trust is a highly successful and rapidly expanding not-for-profit charitable organisation, formed in 2015. We are the largest school-based MAT in Cumbria with nine schools currently in the family; six primary and three secondary schools. Our vision is to provide the best education possible within Cumbria.
The Trustees are seeking to appoint a forward-thinking Deputy Head of Finance with the commitment, drive and ambition to support the Trust in its future development.
The successful candidate will bring:
• Appropriate academic and financial qualification(s) (or be working towards)
• Proven and demonstrable experience in a significant finance role, including financial management, monitoring, compliance and reporting requirements, procurement and achieving “Best Value”, capital projects, infrastructure/out-sourced provision and due diligence and fraud management.
• Strong ICT skills and ability to fully utilise a range of industry-standard software packages.
• Sound team member skills and experience with the ability to support the Chief Finance Officer in the management of people in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Excellent time management, prioritisation and delegation skills.
• The ability to deputise for the Chief Finance Officer and communicate effectively with a wide range of people across and outwith the Trust.
• A commitment to your personal and professional development and the opportunity to develop your role within the Trust.
• A friendly and vibrant Trust community with a supportive team ethos.
The post will be based at William Howard School with regular independent travel to all schools within the Trust.
As a place to live and work, Cumbria is ideally situated, combining the beauty and splendour of our county, including the Lake District National Park, with easy access to city life, culture and entertainment.
This post provides a perfect opportunity to contribute to our continued success and if you have the necessary drive and passion we warmly welcome your application.
Please note: Cumbria Education Trust does not accept CVs. If you wish to apply please complete an application form which can be found, along with the job description and recruitment pack on the Trust’s website at http://www.cumbriaeducationatrust.org/vacancies
Completed application forms, together with a supporting letter of application should be sent to mailto://firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure you provide your contact telephone numbers (daytime and evening) together with contact numbers and email addresses for your referees.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 18 November 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 26 November 2019
For an informal discussion or to arrange a visit, please contact the Trust office on 016977 45369.
The Cumbria Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS disclosure and Barred List checks are required for this post.