Anfield is an independent Catholic, International School, comprising of a Primary school and 2 large Kindergartens, whose curriculum is underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage, followed by the English National Curriculum. Students aged from 2 to 11 years are provided with a high quality and globally-minded education. Anfield enjoys an enviable reputation as a thriving, dynamic, happy, caring and supportive environment with a strong family atmosphere.
Due to the expansion of the Organisation’s Senior Leadership Team, the School Board is looking for ambitious, imaginative Deputy Heads for both our Primary Section and our Early Years Section.
The successful candidates will be outstanding teachers who are able to work in partnership with the Executive Headteacher, Head of School, staff and governors on the next stage of our school development journey. In this non-classroom based post as Deputy Heads, you will prepare to participate fully in the busy life of the School as members of its Senior Leadership Team.
This role would suit either a candidate who is currently a Deputy Head or someone with extensive middle leadership experience looking to further their career.
The successful applicant will be:
- an experienced and outstanding teacher with QTS
- knowledgeable and up to date with current education practice, and be committed to your own professional development
- a positive leader with enthusiasm to motivate staff and encourage teamwork
- able to lead strategically and bring about significant improvement
- an approachable, innovative and confident leader with good interpersonal skills
- committed to raising pupils’ achievements through setting high standards and promoting effective teaching and learning
- able to work closely with colleagues and communicate effectively with parents, carers and other professionals
- a professional with vision, creativity, drive and enthusiasm who will contribute significantly to the continued development of our school
- able to lead on assessment and the monitoring, analysis and evaluation of pupil achievement data
- an inspirational coach and mentor
- committed to inclusion and equality of opportunity
- committed to our Catholic ethos
In addition, the successful applicant will:
- have a passion to inspire pupils and do whatever it takes to achieve success
- have proven experience of effective leadership in influencing improvement at a whole school level
- have a proven track record of significantly raising standards in a Primary and EYFS school setting
- have experience of managing others and supporting them to develop their teaching practice
- have excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and be experienced in establishing and maintaining good professional relationships
- be willing to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the School
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- B.Ed (Hons) or PGCE with QTS
- a minimums of 4 years’ experience of teaching the Primary and EYFS in the UK or an international school
- leadership and management experience
- exceptional communication skills/English language skills
- high levels of ICT capability
Prospective candidates are invited to view our website at www.anfield.edu.hk where further details and our official application form should be completed and submitted together with an accompanying letter to: email@example.com. Only official Anfield application forms will be considered.
(Please state the position for which you are applying in the email subject box)
Closing Date: Friday, 13th March 2020.
Interviews in Hong Kong and/or by video conference during February and March 2020
Anfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children/young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to the post is subject to an enhanced CRB check in UK or the Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC) in Hong Kong.
Anfield School (Primary Section)
No. 1 Lung Pak Street, Tai Wai, Shatin, N.T. Hong Kong
Anfield International Kindergarten (Early Years Section)
- 5 Cumberland Road, Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Laguna Verde, 8 Laguna Verde Avenue, Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong