Have you got what it takes?..... to inspire, to lead, to innovate
Can you make the difference?...........to our pupils, our families and community
Can you make the ordinary possible?
Required for April 2020 OR September 2020
TreeHouse School has a career defining opportunity for an exceptional person, who is passionate about leading on supporting our pupils. If you are ambitious about making the ordinary possible for children and young people with autism, share our forward thinking, open minded values then we would love to hear from you.
TreeHouse School is an Ofsted “outstanding” non-maintained special school and sixth form for pupils aged 4 – 19. We have been providing specialist education for children with autism since 1997 to enable them to learn, thrive and achieve. We are person-centred, we thrive through challenge, we are caring and we are creative.
What we offer:
- We are committed to CPD, we are a part of the Haringey Education Program providing NPQH
- Subsidised weekly classes including; Yoga, Zumba and Running
- Free healthy breakfast
- Annual staff recognition awards
- Cycle to work scheme up to £5000
- Season ticket loans
- Wellness programmes
- Access to physiotherapy for all employees
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding and innovative Deputy Head who has:
- High expectations of our pupils' learning and a commitment to providing education that promotes excellent progress and improves life chances, ‘making the ordinary possible'
- Experience of successfully leading and managing a transdisciplinary team to ensure young people are prepared for adulthood
- Experience of being an effective senior leader in an educational setting
- Extensive teaching experience with young people with complex special education needs
- Experience of leading curriculum development involving multiple stakeholders
- A sound understanding of, and commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Experience of leading, managing and supporting the development of colleagues through coaching or mentoring.
This position closes on Monday 20th January 2020 9.00AM
Stakeholder day: Friday 24th January 2020 10.00AM-4.00PM
Final Interviews: Monday 27th January 2020
For more information on this exciting senior leadership role, please contact Kembi Coakelin on 020 8815 5435
Ambitious about Autism is fully committed to equality of opportunity and diversity and we warmly welcome applications from all suitably-qualified candidates. We welcome applications regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, or age. All applications will be considered solely on merit.
Ambitious about Autism is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.