The British International School of Kuala Lumpur (BSKL) seeks an exceptional leader for the role of Deputy Head of the Secondary School. The remit of the post will be determined by the qualifications, strengths, experiences and preferences of the successful candidate, and will either be a pastoral or academic senior leadership role. Candidates are invited to state a preference in their application.
This is a key strategic position within the Secondary School. The Deputy Head will have the responsibility of reviewing pastoral/academic structures within the school over the next two years, as we enter an exciting phase of the school’s development and its expansion. It is expected that the successful candidate will play a leading role in enhancing current structures and therefore, his/her own role may change to reflect the broader priorities within the school’s development plan.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a dynamic and creative approach to teaching and leadership, have experience of middle or senior leadership position in a UK or international, British school, and the necessary skills and vision to lead an outstanding team of educators.
At BSKL, our students are motivated, committed and love learning in our state of the art facilities. Our staff are passionate and outstanding teaching professionals, and we are committed to providing excellent and ongoing CPD opportunities. The school prides itself on a happy atmosphere, and demonstrates high attainment academically, in performing arts and in sport. Our curriculum is based on, but not constrained by, the English National Curriculum. We are seeking an experienced leader to develop the pastoral welfare or academic development of our talented pupils, and to play a pivotal role in the day to day management of our school.
Suitable candidates for this post will:
- Want to play an active role in the co-curricular life of a busy international school.
- Possess the ambition and enthusiasm to want to play a key role in shaping and developing an outstanding school.
We are seeking a professional who:
- Holds a good Honours degree and UK-recognised teaching qualification (PGCE or similar).
- Has an excellent knowledge of teaching the English National Curriculum/UK examination boards. A minimum of 2 years teaching experience in the UK is essential.
- Has middle or senior leadership experience, preferably in a British, international school.
- Understand and be able to articulate what constitutes outstanding classroom practice.
- Has a successful track record of leading a high performing team of outstanding teachers.
- Is a proactive team player and an inspirational leader, able to show empathy and challenge.
- Experience of driving change and improvement in an oustanding school.
- Promotes a well organised and inspiring learning environment.
- Offers enthusiasm and demonstrates a positive approach to students.
- Is comfortable integrating technology into all teaching practices.
- Is reflective and continually strives to improve performance.
We will provide:
- An excellent salary.
- Annual travel allowance.
- International worldwide medical cover.
- Up to two full school scholarships.
- A professionally-stimulating and supportive working environment.
- The chance to live and work in a culturally-diverse context.
- Opportunities for promotion and development both within the school and the wider global network of The British Schools Foundation.
If the opportunity to work in a progressive school in a culturally-rich and dynamic city excites you, please send us your application.
Applications must be submitted via the link below. The closing date for applications is 3.00 pm on the 3rd of January 2018. Long list/ initial Skype interviews will be held between the 8th-12th of January, 2018. Final interviews will be held in the UK, where appropriate, between the 22nd-26th of January 2018. Early applications are strongly encouraged (we reserve the right to appoint early).
The British Schools Foundation (BSF) and all BSF schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening, including references and checks with current/past employers, and an enhanced DBS.