Do you want to teach wonderful, highly motivated, high achieving students?
Do you want to teach rather than control?
Do you want to be part of a hard-working, highly professional team?
Do you value supportive parents?
Do you want to benefit from on-site, world-class CPD training?
Do you like sunshine, a high standard of living and a lifestyle that offers a wide range of opportunities?
Would you like a good tax free salary, free furnished housing, medical insurance, annual travel allowances, baggage allowance and free high-quality education for up to three children of your own?
Sound like you? Then apply now to join our excellent and dedicated team at St Christopher’s.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, passionate and motivated Deputy Head to join our successful Senior School in August 2018. You will become part of a dynamic team who are creative, energetic and determined to give our pupils the best possible opportunity to benefit from an outstanding education.
St Christopher’s is one of the world’s pre-eminent British international schools with an impressive local, regional and international reputation for excellence. A vibrant community of over 2,300 students aged 3 to 18 and made up of more than 70 different nationalities, St Christopher’s is a not-for-profit school, committed to developing global citizens and autonomous learners able to thrive and contribute to a rapidly changing 21st century world.
INFANT & JUNIOR SCHOOLS (3-11 years) NOR 1180 / 6 form entry
SENIOR SCHOOL (11-18 years) NOR 1140 / 8 form entry
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Competence, expertise and a proven track record as an outstanding Senior School teacher, with recent KS3 - KS5 experience
- A clear understanding of outstanding Senior School practice
- A deep understanding of what works in teaching and how to raise performance and improve teaching quality
- A proven track record of raising standards of student’s academic and personal achievement
- Confident and uncompromising leadership of learning and teaching, behaviour, attitudes to learning and parental engagement
- High standards of professional relationships and the ability to lead and develop staff
- The ability to lead teams through clear action planning
- Outstanding communication in both speech and writing
- Able to participate in decision making regarding whole school issues involving vision and school improvement
- To lead, as positive role model, school development plan initiatives
- To analyse pupil data and plan for improvement
How to Apply
Please click on the following link https://stchris.schoolrecruiter.co.uk/o/deputy-head-of-senior-school/c/new?source=tes.com to submit your application, supporting statement and CV.
Closing date: 18 November
Interviews will take place in early December either in London, or via Skype, depending on the applicant's location.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For information on working and living in Bahrain, please click on the links below
St Christopher's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our care. We follow safe recruitment practices and appointments are subject to vetting including reference checks, identity and criminal record checks.