Due to the success of our school we are again oversubscribed and seeking to increase staffing numbers. The Governors of Bridlington School, ranked amongst the top 12% of schools in the country and one of the top performing schools in Yorkshire and The Humber for Progress 8, are seeking a well-qualified, enthusiastic and committed Deputy Head of Sport to join our successful department from September 2018. The school is located within an easy commutable distance from Hull, York and Scarborough.
We seek a passionate person for this new post, who will stretch and challenge pupils of all abilities whilst ensuring the importance of physical wellbeing for all. We are looking for someone who has an innovative outlook and a commitment to the role, a clear ambition and enthusiasm for physical education, and will be fully involved in the life of the school and will support the Head of Sport in ensuring this aim.
- demonstrate high standards of teaching and learning
- support the Head of Sport in ensuring all aspects of sport teaching and learning is of an excellent standard
- be an excellent role model, exemplifying a high standard of teaching and promoting high expectations for all members of the school community
- develop and implement the educational philosophy of the school and cultivate and promote good practice
- support the Head of Sport in leading the development and review of the Key Stage 3-5 Sport curriculum including planning, assessment for learning, tracking and the development of a challenging and inclusive curriculum for all pupils.
Appointment is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Application pack available from Jan Elmhirst,
• tel (01262) 672593
• email firstname.lastname@example.org
• visit www.bridlingtonschool.co.uk or www.eastriding.gov.uk/jobs
Advert No: BSSC001256.
Closing Date: 12 noon on 23 March 2018.
Interview Date: w/c 9 April 2018 - if you have not heard from the school by this date please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is pursuing equality of opportunity in employment and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
Bessingby Road, Bridlington, YO16 4QU