Role: Deputy Head of School: Primary
Full time - Permanent
Start date: 23rd April 2019
- Are you passionate about teaching?
- Do you want to teach in a community school that knows each one of its children and their families well and where we can watch children progress from Nursery to sixth form?
- Do you want to get to know each one of the children in our school as an individual, understanding their needs and providing the best environment in which they can thrive?
- Do you enjoy building a team and inspiring others to be the best they can be?
- Do you have a “can do” attitude with infectious enthusiasm, resilience and a continuous drive to improve?
If the answers to these questions are “yes”, then you may be the person we are looking for to join our team.
“We aim to know every one of our students well, providing an environment that allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of by promoting both academic progress and a ‘can do’ attitude.” (vision statement)
Our all-through Free School opened in September 2013 and we have experienced rapid growth. Our fantastic heritage site has been fully refurbished and provides a unique learning environment.
We are forward-thinking, with the freedom to shape our school curriculum in response to the needs of the local community and businesses and we are delighted that Ofsted judged us to be a Good school in April 2015.
Most important for success in this role is your attitude and approach to teaching and learning. You will be:
- able to engage with and inspire children and adults
- excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
- able to create engaging learning environments
- committed to securing outstanding outcomes for all students in your care
- enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
- keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
- willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
- keen to engage with teachers from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a range of specialisms, across all key stages
- keen to enable all staff to be the best that they can be, with the interests of children at the heart of our thinking
You will be asked to deliver excellent outcomes and progress for all children. In return we can offer an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school we offer many opportunities for development and further promotion.
Applications must be made using the HPFS Application Form, which should be submitted along with an Equal Opportunities Statement and a covering letter, detailing why you are applying for the role and the ways in which it is suited to you. These should be sent to email@example.com for the attention of Danielle Ayris.
Please note that we advise applying promptly as we reserve the right to close and interview early if sufficient suitable applications have been received.
Heyford Park Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To discuss this role or to visit the school, please contact Rebecca Hughes, Head of Primary,
at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01869 232203 or email
- Closing Date for applications is 9am on Monday 10th December 2018
- Interviews will be arranged directly with candidates.