Are you looking for an opportunity to innovate and lead? Do you want to work within a friendly and supportive team?
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Headteacher to Headship.
We are looking for a Deputy Headteacher who:
• has high expectations for all children
• is passionate about education and developing the whole child
• will be a role model of positivity and aspiration for our staff and children
• works well with others and is able to develop others successfully
• has good experience and knowledge of safeguarding
• has the ability to demonstrate outstanding teaching and an excellent record of classroom practice
• has a solid knowledge of the National Curriculum and has experience of developing a creative/skills based curriculum
• has strong positive behaviour management skills
• is calm under pressure
• Deals with all behaviour in a respectful, calm and positive way, following school policy.
• has a strong commitment to and a proven track record of improving and raising standards and outcomes
• can lead significant improvements across the school
• has strong organisational and interpersonal skills and can be flexible
• has the ability to motivate and inspire staff and pupils to achieve the highest standards and engage parents and the wider community
• is proactive, supportive and motivational in driving forward school improvement priorities
• has vision, energy and resilience
• will Inspire, lead colleagues and hold them to account
• will promote a positive image of Edgware Primary as a wonderful place to teach and learn within the school community and beyond
• use data effectively and use target setting to raise standards
• be passionate and committed to education as a means for all children to achieve their potential and improve their life chances
• Work effectively in partnership with families, Governors and staff
• be flexible and committed to team-working
• be committed to continuing professional development
• give a long term commitment to Edgware
We offer a supportive and friendly working environment in a school that firmly holds the children at the centre of everything it does. We are a 3-form entry school in a culturally diverse area with pupils who are responsive to all the activities we provide in our creative curriculum. We actively reach out to parents encouraging them to engage with the school.
You can visit our website to find out more at: www.edgwareprimary.co.uk
Visits to the school are encouraged and they can be arranged by contacting the school office by phone on 020 8952 1472
Application packs are attached or can be obtained from the school and applications should be returned by 12pm on Monday 21st May 2018. Interviews will be held on the 24th and 25th May 2018.
Closing date: 21 May 2018.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.