Thurgoland C.E. Primary School
Tel: 01142 883300
“Learning Together in Faith and Joy”
Thurgoland C.E. Primary School is seeking a permanent full- time deputy head teacher with class responsibility to join our team in September 2018.
We are looking for an individual who has the drive and determination to make a difference to children’s learning and attainment throughout the school. You will have high expectations of all school members and an energetic, inclusive and proactive leadership style. You will work as part of a team to provide outstanding learning experiences across the curriculum and beyond. In addition, we expect a commitment to our Christian ethos, as well as to working collaboratively with the wider community and other schools and organisations. An interest in science or the arts would be an advantage, but is not essential.
We can offer:
· The opportunity to develop in your role, whether this is your first deputy head teacher role or you are an experienced deputy;
· The chance to work with motivated, caring children who have a love of learning;
· A committed and supportive staff and governors;
· A warm and positive environment based on Christian values;
· A welcoming village community;
· A commitment to professional development opportunities; and
· Designated time to develop the deputy head teacher role.
Visits to school are warmly encouraged. Please contact school to arrange a mutually convenient time.
Salary details: L7-L11
Start date: September 2018
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 19th February at 5pm
Interviews: Tuesday 6th March.
Applications can be made through Barnsley Council’s Online Recruitment website: https://barnsley.engageats.co.uk/
Thurgoland C.E. Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level.
Thurgoland C.E. Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.