Are you an ambitious senior leader looking for a Deputy Head post in a school of hard working and well-behaved students? Could you inspire a team of teachers determined to deliver an engaging curriculum and secure the best possible outcomes for our committed students? Are you a leader who will develop staff, including the leadership team, and help them realise their own ambitions?
Selly Park Girls’ School is a high performing 11-16 school in the south of Birmingham with 700 girls on roll and a proven record of GCSE success. In 2018, the school were awarded Secondary School of the Year at the Birmingham School Awards and were winners of the SSAT Educational Outcomes Award 2018 for exceptional student progress. The Governors of Selly Park Girls’ School are seeking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Deputy Head Teacher, with excellent leadership and management skills to support the Head Teacher of this Ofsted graded ’Outstanding’ school.
The post holder will be expected to lead on:
- Preparing the school for new EIF
- Teaching and Learning
- Progress (including data and pupil premium)
- Personal Development (including attendance and behaviour)
- Accountability (including performance management and the SEF/SIP)
We offer an exciting and stimulating environment and a dedicated, hardworking and supportive staff team.
We are looking for a Deputy Head who:
- Has the strategic vision to motivate and inspire our learning community to educational excellence;
- Has a passion for teaching and learning, with high expectations of staff and students;
- Is willing to support every individual to fulfil their potential;
- Will drive continuous improvement, raising attainment and progress throughout the school;
- Can understand and analyse data to inform strategy in school;
- Will work to improve student progress and close the gap between disadvantaged students and others;
- Will innovate, cultivate and recognise outstanding teaching practice;
- Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Will lead and inspire good behaviour outcomes to enable learning;
- Will foster a positive and effective partnership between students, parents and the community;
- Will work closely with the Head Teacher, Senior Leadership Team and governing body.
We will offer you:
- Pupils who are friendly and well behaved who have an excellent attitude to learning;
- A staff team committed to supporting the further development of the school;
- A Senior Leadership Team which believes in support and challenge in equal measure and sees staff wellbeing as vital for all to be the best they can be;
- A supportive governing body, committed to school improvement;
- A pleasant, well-resourced provision;
- Access to regular excellent continuing professional development.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please contact Samantha Bunn, HR Manager on 0121 472 1238 to make an appointment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake enhanced DBS clearance, medical clearance and provide suitable references.
Completed applications should be returned to Performance, Engagement & Commissioning Services, PO Box 14512, Birmingham, B2 2JH or via email to: CSURecruitment@birmingham.gov.uk
Only BCC applications forms will be accepted. Please do not apply via the TES Website. See advert details on how to apply.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Information will be retained on unsuccessful candidates for six months after the selection process is completed, as this is in line with the maximum time for appeals to be raised. Information on successful candidates will be retained in line with current guidance on staffing data retention. All references, both given and received, are exempt from disclosure under GDPR legislation.