NEWQUAY JUNIOR ACADEMY
DEPUTY HEAD TEACHER
Salary range £52,723-£58,135 L10-L14
Cornwall Education Learning Trust (CELT) is seeking to appoint a truly inspirational Deputy Headteacher to continue to drive up standards at Newquay Junior Academy, particularly in English, and work alongside the Executive Headteacher to lead the Senior Leadership team and academy staff on their journey from good to outstanding. We would be looking for the successful candidate to start the role April 2022.
The post holder should:
• Be an excellent primary teacher, with a proven track record, with a positive attitude and the highest expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour.
• Have excellent leadership skills in managing and motivating staff and lead by example, setting high standards for all.
• Have the knowledge to facilitate the highest quality of teaching and learning.
• Have an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum, particularly in reading and writing.
• Have experience of rigorous tracking and monitoring as well as a pro-active approach to assessment.
• Be the Performance Management lead for the school in order to improve outcomes in all year groups
• Have the ability to coach, mentor and facilitate high levels of staff performance management.
• Be an excellent communicator and team player with a strong commitment to working in partnership with, staff, parent, governors and the community
Please see our Newquay Junior Academy and Trust websites: www.newquayjunior.net / www.celtrust.org
Application forms and full details are also available to download from: https://celtrust.org
Alternatively, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications via CV only will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: Friday 3rd December at 9am
Interviews to be held: Monday 13th December
Welcome to Newquay Junior Academy
Part of Newquay Education Trust
It is my pleasure and privilege to be Headteacher of such an exceptional school which has a long and historical link to the local community. Our reputation for excellence has gr...