Thornhill Primary School are seeking to appoint an exceptional Deputy Head Teacher who can inspire and motivate children. The Deputy Head will be required to teach in upper KS2 and non-contact time for leader ship duties is allocated. Through our provision we aim to teach all children how to become life-long learners and to be responsible, self-confident and to believe in themselves in an environment which is stimulating, exciting and rich in opportunities.
We are looking for a highly motivated and inspirational leader to join our ambitious and hard- working team. Our aim is to build on our current good practice by increasing the number of pupils achieving and exceeding national expectations at the end of each key stage. We are looking for a deputy head who:
· Will provide an example of ‘excellence’ as a leading practitioner
· Will work alongside the Head Teacher to promote the highest of expectations in teaching and learning throughout the school
· Has knowledge of a range of strategies to raise standards and pupil achievement
· Has experience in data management and assessment
· Has excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
We can offer you:
· Enthusiastic, happy children who enjoy coming to school
· A dedicated, hard-working staff team who are committed to school improvement
· A changing and exciting school with potential waiting to be developed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory references, a pre-employment health check and successful DBS clearance.
Visits to the school are welcome.