Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced Deputy Head Teacher to join a “Good”, 2 form entry primary School in Lewisham, South East London (SE13). This full time Deputy Head Teacher position is available for a September 2018 start and will be appointed on a permanent basis. This diverse school is seeking a dynamic candidate who can motivate and lead their team of hardworking teachers and support staff. The highly populated school has a diverse culture with both staff and students.
About the Role
- Deputy Head Teacher
- Full time
- September 2018 start
- Manage year leaders and SENCo
- Demonstrate outstanding teaching and learning
- Ensure safeguarding of school community members
- Assists the head teacher with their role
- Write and monitor development plans for the school
- Lead either EYFS or Inclusion across the school
- Manage own and others’ work loads
- Salary between £60,300 - £65,800 (dependent on experience)
About the School
- Rated “Good” by Ofsted
- 2 form entry
- Catering for students from Nursery – Year 6
- Maximum 30 students in class
- 3 Teaching Assistants per year group and additional 1:1 support where needed
- Friendly children
- Staff and students represent a diverse culture
- High population of students who come from minority groups
- Large playgrounds with trees, grassy areas and flower beds
- Located in residential area
- Located between Lewisham and Greenwich, a short walk from the DLR
In order to be considered for this role, the Deputy Head Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
· Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
· Proven experience teaching the UK curriculum and leading a team
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number BXB9017.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.