“Together we play, talk, listen and learn”
Edith Kerrison Nursery School and Children’s Centre has a reputation for high quality provision including an amazing garden. We have been established as a nursery school for nearly 100 years and the children’s Centre was built alongside in 2008. We now lead on delivering the Best Start in Life Offer, which includes outreach services into Custom House and Canning Town. We have a collaborative partnership with other nursery schools in Newham and local boroughs through a Learning Without Limits network. We work with our local schools, PVI partners, and child-minders to raise the quality of our provision through innovative evaluation of practice, so that together we improve family and children’s outcomes. The children, staff, parents and governors have a great sense of pride in the School and Children’s Centre and care passionately about its future success. Some of our families bring East End traditions to Edith Kerrison, whilst others bring global experiences. Together we are a stronger community.
The Head Teacher and Governors are seeking to appoint an experienced and dynamic early year’s teacher who can be an inspirational role model in teaching, playing and leading.
- A passionate leader of Early Years education with a relentless drive for excellence and equity?
- Able to recognise and model outstanding teaching and learning?
- An excellent communicator with the interpersonal skills to motivate others and the vision and dedication to bring about a clear strategic direction for improvement so that children, families and staff thrive?
- An innovative thinker who can see a project through and ensure it makes a difference?
- A team player?
If you would like to take the next step in your career we will offer you:
- Happy, enthusiastic and inquisitive children with committed parents.
- A great learning environment for all with committed, hard-working and friendly colleagues
- An opportunity to lead across the Nursery School, Children’s Centre and wider community with dedicated leadership time.
- Consideration and backing for your ideas.
- Encouragement and support to develop yourself professionally.
For an informal discussion please contact Jo Aylett, Head Teacher. An application pack is available to download at: https://ats-npw.jobsgopublic.com/vacancies/view/47358.
Applications must be made on line. We warmly welcome visits from prospective candidates. Arrangements can be made via the school office on 0207 476 1735.
Closing date: 1 December 2017
Shortlisting: 4 December 2017
Interviews: 12 December 2017
The School has a strong commitment to achieving equality of opportunity in both services to the community and the employment of people and expects all employees to understand and promote its policies in their work.
Edith Kerrison Nursery School and Children’s Centre, Sophia Rd, E16 3PB