We are looking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher to join our leadership team who:
- is an outstanding classroom practitioner.
- is currently in post as a Senior Leader
- can demonstrate a successful and sustained record of school improvement
- has a credible vision for curriculum and assessment development
- is a good communicator, able to inspire and motivate students
- has developed leadership and management experience and skills to help the school in the next phase of its development.
Specific responsibilities will be aligned to the aptitude of the successful candidate.
Scalby is a high-performing 11-16 school on the beautiful North Yorkshire coast. In 2017 77% of students gained Grade 4 or above in English and Mathematics with 52% achieving Grade 5 and above. 37 % of students achieved Ebacc at Grade 5/C or above.
The school’s current Progress 8 score places it in the top 12% of schools nationally. Ofsted (April 2012) graded the school “Good” with “Outstanding Leadership and Management.” Scalby School enjoys an excellent local reputation and is heavily over-subscribed as a result.
For an Application Form, Job Description and Person Specification please see our website via the apply button. Completed forms should be returned by email to Mrs Cindy Brooke at email@example.com by 12:00 p.m. on 22nd January 2018. Interviews will be held on 22nd and 23rd February 2018. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the DBS and will be checked for any prohibition from teaching using the NCTL’s Teacher Services website.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment’.