We are beginning an exciting new era at Birkbeck! We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Head Teacher to join us in January 2020.
Following the promotion of our current Deputy Head to Head Teacher, this is an exceptional professional opportunity for a new Deputy Head Teacher to play a leading role at an exciting time in the development of Birkbeck Primary School into a three form entry school. Academically, our pupils are thriving, pupil numbers are growing and there is an ambitious strategic plan, welcoming our third class into reception for the very first time in September 2019.
The Deputy Head Teacher role is designed for a candidate who can innovate and inspire leaders to take the school on to the next level. The post is non-class based, but the successful candidate will show themselves to be someone who can clearly implement and drive improvement in teaching and leadership practice of others and who thrives on creating opportunities for young people to ‘Dream, Believe, Achieve,’ aspiring to headship in due course.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
• A competent and strategic leader with a proven track record of school improvement, passionate about raising the quality of teaching, learning and assessment;
• An outstanding and dynamic teacher who inspires by example, putting teaching and learning first;
• A passionate and caring practitioner with high expectations of achievement and dedication to maintaining a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment which reflects the school commitment to safeguarding and equality;
• A strategic thinker, excited about and effective in managing change who will work alongside the Head Teacher to provide, challenge and support in managing rapid improvement for our children;
• A leader of learning who is committed to raising standards and to ensuring that all children achieve their full potential.
• A manager and team leader who possesses excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
• A professional, able to work in partnership with parents, carers, staff, governors and the community.
We already have excellent, committed, loyal and hard-working staff. We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who values working in a school where you can make a genuine difference on a daily basis. Who has the ideas, energy and expertise to inspire young people of all abilities and who wants to work as part of a team where everyone’s input is appreciated and where responsibility is shared for future success.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about providing high quality leadership and developing these skills further
• Is able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to help shape the future direction of the school
• Has aspirations for both our school and themselves
• Is able to think reflectively and creatively
• Is passionate about children and education, is able to inspire, nurture and motivate and who has a desire for improving life opportunities for children
• Is an outstanding role model on all levels, a team player, an excellent communicator and builds relationships across the school.
• Has taught across the primary phase
• Has a clear and comprehensive knowledge of primary assessment and can a play a lead role in raising achievement through assessment-led strategies
• Has a great sense of humour, is personable and is willing to ‘muck in’
In return we can offer you:
• An experienced Head Teacher committed to developing an open and successful partnership with you;
• A lively and exciting place to work in a great location;
• A professional, friendly and dedicated team of staff and supportive Governors;
• Children who want to come to school with parents who want to work closely with us to drive improvement;
• A commitment to supporting leadership development.
So, if you are ambitious for the children you teach and want to work in a school where what you think and do is encouraged, welcomed and appreciated, please get in touch.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged. Please contact Lesley Fisher-Pink, Head Teacher, or Gavin Summerfield Deputy Head Teacher via the school office 020 8300 4161 to arrange an appointment.
Please see the application pack which is available on the school web site and attached to this advert. Application forms should be e mailed to Mrs Jarvis, school Business manager email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2019
Interviews to be held on w/c 15th July 2019