The Directors of the Gardener Schools Group have established Maida Vale School in the conviction that there exists an opportunity for a different kind of independent secondary school in London - academically demanding but with a modern approach to selection criteria, the flexibility of the curriculum and recognition of creativity and talent. We are now looking to appoint our first Deputy Head Teacher.
If you are an enthusiastic, imaginative and ambitious school leader, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help establish a modern and pioneering school which will seek to be a front runner in educational practice in London.
Requirements for the position
- Educated to degree level or beyond, you will be an exemplary teacher with whole-school senior leadership experience and can share excellence and expertise
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and lead teams; a natural leader of people able to manage staff, parent and pupil relationships at the highest level
- Ability to deputise for the Head internally and with external communities
- Experience of developing strategic vision and the ability to implement that plan across the school
- Experience of leading on whole-school pastoral care and safeguarding OR on curriculum development and teaching and learning
- Willingness to participate in the wider life and development of the school showing commitment to the ethos of the school and flexibility in achieving its aims
The school is committed to staff development. All staff will be encouraged to attend INSET courses and will be provided with ample professional development opportunities.
You can find a detailed job description within the attached document or on our website https://www.maidavaleschool.com/about-us/current-vacancies which can be reached via the Apply button.
To apply, please submit a completed application form together with supporting letter of application and details of two referees, which can also be found on our website. One referee should be able to comment on your teaching skills, and one from your current or most recent employer. References will be taken prior to interview. You must provide original documents as proof of identity at interview.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Mr Steven Winter, Headmaster, Maida Vale School, 18 Saltram Crescent, London, W9 3HR.
Closing date: Midday on 12th November 2019. Suitable applicants will be contacted by telephone and invited to attend an interview by arrangement over the following two weeks.
All appointments are made in accordance with our equal opportunities policy and applicants should let us know of any special needs they may have. Maida Vale School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and questions will be asked at interview to assess suitability of candidate to work with our children. All appointments are subject to satisfactory criminal record (DBS) check.