Deputy Head Teacher
Required for September 2017
Salary: Leadership Scale: L27 to L31
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: September 2017
St John Plessington Catholic College
Old Chester Road,
Tel: 0151 645 5049
Executive Head Teacher: Mr Tom Quinn
The Governors would like to invite applications from excellent practitioners for the post of Deputy Head Teacher at St John Plessington Catholic College.
We have been an outstanding and oversubscribed 11-18 College for more than 10 years. In 2007 and then again in 2013, we were judged by OFSTED to be Outstanding in every category and over this period of time we have been awarded numerous accolades. This has included the prestigious award by the Times Educational Supplement (TES) of “Outstanding Secondary School of the Year” in 2010, Investors in People Gold Award 2013, the TES Award for “Numeracy and Mathematics” in 2013 and were shortlisted for the TES Award for “Literacy and English” again in 2013.
We have been a National Support School since 2009 and have provided extensive school to school support during this time. We became an Academy and an Academy Sponsor in 2012 and a National Teaching School from 2014. We have been part of a Multi Academy Trust (HFCMAT) since 2012 and this currently comprises of a partnership with two other primary academies and a secondary academy (which we sponsor).
We consistently achieve fantastic examination results and our 2016 performance placed us in the top 6% of schools in the country with a Progress 8 score of 0.45 and an A*-C in English and Maths of 67%. In Sixth Form our Level 3 VA score of 0.23 placed us in the top 10% of Sixth Forms in the country.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a proven track record in school improvement
- Is passionate about making a positive difference to each pupil’s development
- Will work and share best practice with other schools in the Trust and beyond
- Is a practising Catholic.
What OFSTED has said about us:
- The students at St John Plessington are the jewels in the crown of this outstanding College
- Behaviour and safety of pupils are outstanding
- The Leadership and Management are outstanding
- The achievement of pupils is outstanding
- The quality of teaching is outstanding
- Teachers have high expectations of their students
- The behaviour of students is exemplary. They are happy, safe and have real pride in their College
- Students value the strong relationships they have with each other and their teachers these relationships, built on a foundation of mutual respect, create an atmosphere where outstanding learning can take place
- The outstanding leadership of the Head Teacher supported by passionate and determined colleagues is central to the success of the College. They share an unwavering belief that all students can achieve their potential.
What we can offer:
- A chance to work in a cutting edge, outstanding comprehensive Teaching School
- The opportunity to make a significant difference to our children’s lives in an environment that has high aspirations for all.
- The chance to help shape and develop our other school through collaborative leadership and dynamic interpersonal skills
- A working environment that is modern and professional
- Great experience for those who want to work at the very highest level in education.
Closing Date: Thursday 23rd March 2017 by 12.00 noon.
Interview Dates: Thursday 30th March and Friday 31st March 2017
For further details about this exciting role and how to apply, please contact: Claire Beckwith on 0151 645 5049. Email: email@example.com or visit our website www.stjohnplessington.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children and Young People and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment