RODING PRIMARY SCHOOL WITH PROVISION FOR DEAF CHILDREN
Roding Lane North, Woodford Bridge, IG8 8NP.
Tel: 020 8504 3706 Fax: 020 8506 1943
Required for April 2018
Salary Range for Deputy Headteacher L15-19
Roding Primary School with provision for deaf children is an exciting, ambitious, friendly, community centred school, located in the outer London Borough of Redbridge.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, forward-thinking, enthusiastic and creative individual to the post of Deputy Headteacher, with a minimum of four years’ experience at senior management level. You will be working closely with the Headteacher, staff and Governing Body in leading the school confidently in its drive to improve standards and prepare our children well for the next stage of their journey.
Experience at senior level and excellent interpersonal skills are essential. You will have the confidence, vision and ability to play a leading role in the development of a cutting edge curriculum and assessment. You will work well under pressure and be able to work on your own initiative, with clear impact on learning.
We are looking for someone who:
· is an excellent classroom practitioner with experience across key stages in the primary phase and has high expectations of leading, learning, outcomes and behaviour.
· is motivated and passionate about children and their learning
· is committed to inclusion and retain children at the heart of everything
· can demonstrate good leadership, management, organisation and communication skills
· has experience in leading at least one of the following: SEN, Safeguarding, EYFS, Assessment, Teaching and Learning
· is committed to supporting the professional development of all staff
· can motivate, challenge and inspire staff and pupils to achieve their full potential
· can share the vision for the school, promote excellence and enjoyment and help develop creativity and relevance throughout the curriculum, paying regard to the new National Curriculum
· has knowledge and experience of implementation of the School Sickness Absence Management and Disciplinary and Teacher Appraisal policies/procedures.
· will thrive on challenge yet still maintain a good work/life balance
Roding Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. References will be taken up prior to interview and the post is subject to a successful Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
An application pack can be downloaded from the school website www.rodingprimary.co.uk. Alternatively, you can request a pack by emailing email@example.com or phoning 0208 504 3706. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit please telephone Caroline Durrance on 020 8504 3706.
Closing date for receiving applications: Noon on Wednesday 10th January 2018
Interviews to be held on: Thursday 18th January 2018
Shortlisted candidates will be notified on Friday 12th January 2018.