DEPUTY HEAD – Teaching and Learning
TENBY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, KUALA LUMPUR
An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Tenby International School Kuala Lumpur campus is located on a green 20-acre site with excellent facilities and offers a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating place to work.
The campus is home to Tenby International School, which consists of a Primary and Secondary School (IPC, National Curriculum for England, CIE IGCSE and A Level) and a Malaysian Private School, Sekolah Sri Tenby (Malaysian National Curriculum). The campus welcomes over 2000 students, aged from 3 to 18 years and from 38 nationalities; with 1450 attending the international school, 700 of which are in the Secondary school.
The international school offers a rich, quality education with affordable fees and caters for the children of expatriates working and living in Malaysia, as well as Malaysian children. Our highly qualified teaching staff are expatriate and local, and are dedicated to developing students academically and socially by driving a co-curricular programme of more than 165 activities.
We are an accredited member of the Council of International Schools (CIS), a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE), authorised to deliver the International Primary Curriculum (IPC), an Eco School Silver Award holder and a Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Associate.
Tenby International School, Kuala Lumpur is a member of the Tenby Schools Group, a rapidly growing group of six – soon to be seven – schools in Malaysia. The group recently won Best Brand in International Education at the prestigious Brandlaureate? Awards in Kuala Lumpur. The award recognises Tenby Schools’ reputation for providing world-class international education across Malaysia.
Our approach is individual – we strive for every student to stretch themselves beyond their potential and in doing so we reflect our vision of ‘A United World at Peace - Through Education’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, experienced and dedicated leader to continue to develop the practice of Teaching and Learning at our school. This role is suitable for someone who is enthusiastic about improving pedagogical practices and keeps up to date with the latest advances in teaching. They will need to be able to support and develop teachers of varying experiences and encourage others to be part of the development process.
- To Support and advise the Head in the overall leadership of the School
- Act under the direction and guidance of the Head and in accordance with the School’s agreed priorities
- Develop and demonstrate the highest possible standards of communication and sharing of information
- Contribute to and support the School’s vision, values and high aspirations, with a relentless focus on pupils’ achievement and personal development
- Deputise for the Head as required and undertake responsibility for running the school in the absence of the Head as appropriate.
- Reflect the School’s ambition, values, priorities and goals for the curriculum, through the strategic development of teaching and learning in the School.
- Develop and deliver an effective CPD programme tailored to the specific needs of staff and targeted areas for whole school development.
- Develop teaching and learning practices throughout the school that inspire and motivate pupils to achieve their full potential, engage actively in learning and rewards pupils’ effort and application
- Be knowledgeable and innovative in the leadership of teaching and learning
- Establish and implement appropriate policies and frameworks for monitoring and evaluating improvement throughout the School.
For more information about the school visit: www.tenby.edu.my/setia-eco-park
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Medical cover
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
This is an opportunity for you to live and work in a culturally diverse capital city. There are also opportunities for promotion within the organisation.
How to Apply
The closing date is Friday 16th March 2018 but interested teachers are strongly encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: www.tenby.edu.my
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying to Tenby Schools together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to: email@example.com
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and add tenby.edu.my to your safe senders list. We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)