Required for Easter 2018
Furness Academy, Park Drive, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, LA13 9BB
SALARY: L22 (£66,017) to L27 (£74,615) depending on experience
Furness Academy is sponsored by BAE Systems and is currently the single school within the Furness Academies Trust that is owned by BAE Systems Maritime - Submarines. The Trust Board and Governing Body are seeking to appoint a Deputy Headteacher to take a full part in the shared leadership and management of the Academy in this newly created post.
• A medium sized 11-16 mixed Academy with approximately 800 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow-in-Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park.
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future.
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and a strong foundation of moral purpose.
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver outstanding teaching and learning.
• Be a member of the Academy Senior Leadership Team, working with the Headteacher, Governing Body and Sponsor, to contribute to the overall strategic leadership and management of the Academy, and its pursuit of excellence in relation to the educational standards enjoyed by all our students.
• Ensure the highest quality of curriculum provision for all year groups and ability levels.
• Ensure the curriculum has a positive impact upon school improvement and raises standards of achievement across the whole school.
• Deputise for the Headteacher in their absence and support them with their workload when tasks are delegated or shared.
• Work with the Headteacher to identify the best practice available and use this to create an outward looking Academy culture which promotes in staff and students an ethos of achievement and a desire for excellence, where all stakeholders contribute in positive ways to the Academy and wider community.
• Be an experienced leader already contributing significantly to whole-school developments.
• Have an intelligent understanding of curriculum developments and design.
• Have experience of whole school data analysis, reporting and target setting.
• Have the potential and desire to be active and influential across the whole leadership spectrum.
• Be passionate about high expectations and standards of achievement for all.
• Be passionate about teaching and learning and an excellent teacher.
• Be an enthusiastic team player.
• Be prepared to do what it takes to make the experience of school a positive and productive one.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• The opportunity to support the development and drive up of educational standards to ensure that our students aim for their personal best.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team and Governing Body.
• An excellent opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge for those considering going onto headship.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: 12 noon on 30th November 2017
Shortlisting: 1st December 2017
Interviews: week commencing 11th December 2017
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to email@example.com, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we do not accept CVs without a fully completed application form.